Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 02:46 PM

331 posts, read 990,013 times

Advertisements

I agree with letting it grow without clippering it for about 6 or so weeks. I've had a full bear year-round for about 3 years now, and I clipper it to about 1/2" every 3 weeks or so.

What's the end goal of your beard? Are you only going to shave it after the month is up? That won't be giving it enough time to grow in. The longer you keep your beard, the thicker and fuller it will look.

Saying your beard will be a "breeding ground" for nasty stuff is equivalent to saying any of your hair will be the same. I shampoo and condition my beard, just like my hair, and it looks healthy and is very clean. I manage to get things in my mustache about as often as I get things on my upper lip. It wipes off just the same, and really only happens if I'm face-deep in a turkey leg or something. Mmmm, turkey legs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 04:44 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,392,163 times
I personally like beards but think some can pull them off and others....well....not so much. Examples below.

YES!!
Moderator cut: image removed

NO!!!

Old 11-29-2010, 02:22 PM

226 posts, read 559,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
I personally like beards but think some can pull them off and others....well....not so much. Examples below.

YES!!

NO!!!
I think the man on the bottom pic would look good with a shorter, thinned out beard. Sometimes I just think the type of beard doesn't fit the man.

I just started growing mine out. I'm 46 years old and have always been clean shaven. I thought it was time to give it a try. I've had it for a month now. So far I'm quite pleased. I don't know how long (as in length) I'll have it. Probably not too long. The length will be compatible with my head hair, though.

To the OP. I say let it grow out and give it some time. With each passing day you will like it more and more. Of course that all depends on your genes and your ability to grow one in the first place. If you have good coverage with little to no bare spots, you should do well. But do give it time.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:32 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Beards are out. They either look as if the person can't be bothered to perform basic acts of personal hygiene, or as if they're hiding something. No thanks. You want my legs, pits, and other parts shaved? Then you need to shave your face.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:32 PM

226 posts, read 559,961 times
That's the problem with men in todays society. They feel they have to conform. They're being feminized. They get wax jobs and dress like girls. No thanks. If you don't like my beard, so be it. I don't really care. I've been married over 20 years and my wife will still love me with or without a beard. And believe it or not, I'm still that same man underneath that scruffy, gross beard.

Oh, and by the way, I have such a pretty baby face under that disgusting beard. Yep, believe it or not, nothing to hide.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:30 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15S0g8pG6HU

I'm sorry, I just love this video : )

Old 12-02-2010, 01:56 PM

141 posts, read 416,955 times
After a week and a half I already have a beard, it looks ok but man is it uncomfortable! Especially at the neck. Very itchy and it gets stuck in clothes when you change or wear a coat. It's just not for me.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:25 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post

YES!!

NO!!!
OOF. Charlie Hunnam.

Although I must say in his case I prefer no beard.

Here is one of my favourite sportsmen, known as “The Wolfman” because of his beard.
Moderator cut: image removed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty