Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 08:43 AM

2,185 posts, read 4,986,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
::Views pic:: I cannot think of a better way for you to celebrate Halloween, or Easter, or Christmas, or Columbus Day, or ...

But, seriously, see what happens? When you don't let people express themselves they dress slutty.

lol, looks like she lets the milk jugs hang out a lot, why does she need halloween?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 10:22 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,909,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYSEXYCOOL View Post
I think it is a waste of money, for something you are just going to wear one night. We received 50% off coupons in the mail for a halloween store near my house. Spent over an hour trying on costumes, I was excited that I finally found one that I liked. When I went to make the purchase, because I had the coupon the rang up the highest ticketed price. I told the guy what he did was false advertising, and I am not going to pay $60.00 for something I am going to wear only once.
This is why it's more fun to tap into your creative side and put something together from stuff you already have! Unless it's something like say ... Spongebob Squarepants, I've always thought it was way more fun to plan your costume from stuff you have and can adjust/alter, and maybe accent with a couple of new (but cheap) purchases.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:29 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,529,206 times
I always loved halloween because I'm friends with a bunch of actors/actresses that go balls out on their costumes. They don't just dress up, they 'become' a character for the entire night, which is quite entertaining. One year, I dressed as a little German girl and spoke nothing but German all night long...it was kind of hard ordering beer, but if you point and smile they usually figure it out.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:30 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,833,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I went to a Halloween Store the other day and half the stuff was cramped with misc halloween props, candy, pranks and kids costumes the other half was dedicated to womens costumes which looked more like frisky bedroom play type outfits. So if I wanted to go out as a can of diet coke, instead of the reto way where I would be dressed in a silver tubular costume down to my mid thigh or lower and arms hanging out, the updated version is silver spadex super short shorts and a some body paint to write diet coke on my bare chest.

Honestly, is this what halloween has come to? Considering the high obesity rate in the US, I am trying to figure out who is going to be wearing these costumes.

I am far from prude, but this has just taken a lot of fun of out of halloween for me.
Oh boy a "friend" on my facebook has a pic of a rather skimpy costume on her facebook and I'm quite sure her weight would send her into the unhealthy obese classification. Seriously though even when I was younger and braver I don't think I would have worn this particular outfit in public.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:32 AM

29,625 posts, read 34,077,569 times
I've always had more fun coming up with a clever or funny Halloween costume than just being a "sexy" anything.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:40 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,162,521 times
Ugh..I hate those types of outfits. I bet you dollars to doughnuts that they probably just buy the sex play outfits from the same maker are just market them for Halloween. No dead stock!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:48 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,351,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Ugh..I hate those types of outfits. I bet you dollars to doughnuts that they probably just buy the sex play outfits from the same maker are just market them for Halloween. No dead stock!

They do...a costume is a costume. I don't think they even market the sexy costumes as "Halloween" costumes, they just sell them with Halloween costumes and let the consumer decide.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:52 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,319,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I blame it on the US' general over prudishness which leads to hypersexuality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Haha I love slutty Halloween costumes. Halloween is a HUGE deal for me and I start planning in late September/early October. I was never allowed to dress up for Halloween (my mom thought it was Satanic), so what better way of rebelling than to be celebrating Satan with my boobs hanging out?
haha, I just thought it was great that the second post proved the first post in an unironic way.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:52 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,351,113 times
I always hated dressing up for Halloween when I was a teen and in college because all the girls wore sexy outfits and that stuff made me self conscious (they weren't really designed with my chest in mind despite the so-called busty chicks on the packaging), so I looked for things that gave me full coverage. I tolerated dressing up.

I guess I'm now making up for lost time with my husband.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:56 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,319,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYSEXYCOOL View Post
I think it is a waste of money, for something you are just going to wear one night. We received 50% off coupons in the mail for a halloween store near my house. Spent over an hour trying on costumes, I was excited that I finally found one that I liked. When I went to make the purchase, because I had the coupon the rang up the highest ticketed price. I told the guy what he did was false advertising, and I am not going to pay $60.00 for something I am going to wear only once.
What that store did was illegal, and you could call the cops and they would make them sell it to you for the price minus the 50% coupon. I've done it before with other stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty