Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 05:45 PM

544 posts, read 1,485,375 times

Advertisements

Hi all: I ordered paraffin wax online, thinking I'd get a little bottle and directions. What I got, instead, is a big chunk of "Thermal Spa Professional Paraffin Wax." I got the white, unscented. 1 lb.! And it says:
CAUTION: Paraffin is flammable! Do not use near open flame or an unprotected resistance heater.
Does anyone have experience with this? Can I take a small piece of it, put it in the microwave, let it cool to touch, and then use it to remove facial hair?

It's this stuff (and no, I don't work for them):

Thermal Spa Professional Paraffin Wax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 10:42 AM

544 posts, read 1,485,375 times
BTW, I googled "removing facial hair with paraffin" and my own post on CD came up!

I just don't want to put a bit of paraffin in the microwave and have it explode or something....

Old 10-17-2010, 05:56 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
I've never heard of using paraffin wax for hair removal. It is usually used when you have oil or lotion on your feet or hands, then you dip your feet or habds into the melted wax to seal in the lotion/oil to make your skin soft. Yes - paraffin usually comes in a big block.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:58 PM

486 posts, read 2,112,931 times
Can't you just order the pot that you plug in and it warms it to the point of melting? I used to wax myself. I bought the melting pot, wax, cloths and would get wax happy once a month. It was costing too much money to get it done so I decided to do it myself. Messy and sticky, but worth it.

Then when laser hair removal came about, did that and now I'm good.

Try and google a melting pot for the wax and see what you can get. Better to be safe than sorry.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:43 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,830,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySpring View Post
Can't you just order the pot that you plug in and it warms it to the point of melting? I used to wax myself. I bought the melting pot, wax, cloths and would get wax happy once a month. It was costing too much money to get it done so I decided to do it myself. Messy and sticky, but worth it.

Then when laser hair removal came about, did that and now I'm good.

Try and google a melting pot for the wax and see what you can get. Better to be safe than sorry.
Be very careful. My foster daughter took cosmetology, and accidentally burned herself with the wax. It is messy and sticky, and takes awhile. I am a laser chick fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty