Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:20 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,617,605 times

Advertisements

This is a spin-off from the flip flop thread. I'm still trying to figure out what the difference is between wearing flip flops and/or sandals or heels that are open toed. They all make that smacking sound when you walk and they all show your feet. If you go to any shoe store and look at the women's shoes for summer, almost 90 percent, give or take, are either open toed or strappy shoes, barely covering the feet.

WARNING: The below is sarcasm and not meant to be taken seriously

So, if you can't stand looking at someone's feet, how do you view all the other unslightly things you have to see on a daily basis.

Overweight people
Skinny people
big butts
people with no butt
big boobs
flat chests
man boobs
fat bellies hanging over the pants
back fat poking out
people who attempt to shove 10 pounds of sugar into a 5 pound bag
big noses
noses that are too small or just plain ugly
ugly lips
missing teeth or screwed up teeth
tattoos
piercings
cellulite
stretch marks
hairy legs or moustaches on women
hair that you think is ugly
short hair that you think is ugly
long hair that you think is ugly
too much make-up or not enough make-up
people with acne
greasy hair
dirty crusty elbows
unkempt nails with dirt in them

Did I miss anything

So I guess the only people who can complain about any of these things are those that are perfect from head to toe

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 09-04-2008 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: Added requested disclaimer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 10:40 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,182,816 times
Yes, I am far too ugly to leave the house. I'm semi-skinny (or so I'm told) with extra meat around the middle and far too top heavy. My rear's so small and flat that it could be called "Negative Booty." My teeth are for eating, so I'm not concerned that they're not blind-you-white and perfectly aligned. I have moles that I don't feel like covering - not that I wear make-up very much on a regular basis anyways.

I'm a get-down-n-dirty kinda girl who would rather help a stranger change out a flat tire vice getting a manicure. I have a Jew-nose that doesn't quite fit on my small face, but it is able to hold my glasses fairly well.

I've had a kid and have left over stomach skin that has lots of pretty white stretch marks. I don't go tanning, so I have uneven skin tone on my arms and legs. And for my hair, it's annoying and I want to chop it off. However, I need it to grow longer so I can donate it to Locks of Love. In the meantime, it gets brushed and thrown up in whatever's easy.

Gawd, I'm such a hideous beast that I should donate myself to a zoo or something.

((End sarcasm))

In reality, nobody's perfect. People can try all they want, but it makes them look superficial. From what I see, those trying to attain the "perfect" body will be forever trying; while people like myself will just enjoy what life brings.

Yeah, I wear makeup once in a while. Yeah, I'll dress pretty for an event, make myself look nice. But I would never go to the extremes like some do.

In the end, why try to impress people I don't even like anyways?

Old 09-02-2008, 10:46 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,617,605 times
Kuharai, you sound perfect to me, just don't leave the house with flip flops on, I don't think the public can handle your toes

Old 09-02-2008, 10:56 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,182,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Kuharai, you sound perfect to me, just don't leave the house with flip flops on, I don't think the public can handle your toes
That is one thing I forgot to mention, I frequently tell my shoes that I hate them - and throw on my oriental flip-flops. The bamboo is soooo comfy!

Old 09-02-2008, 12:10 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,286,001 times
I dont think basic self has anything to do with impressing anyone...

But all in good humor...lol:

Overweight people - whatever, as long as its not a "too fat for that" situation it doesnt even register

Skinny people - LOL yeh right.. where?

big butts - I dont care about anyones butt. Its for sh*****g and sitting.

people with no butt - the curse of my hot asian neighbor girl? Like it matters to anyone looking at a hot asian girl.

big boobs - just keep that ****out of my face. and if it crinkles...wrap it up.

flat chests - whatever

man boobs- the icing on top of the heart attack fat cake? I find them disturbing because usually they come with excessive fat that makes for poor health and poor temper and that just vibes me wrong.
fat bellies hanging over the pants - wear a freaking control garmet. They make em everyday.

back fat poking out - I dont think people know its there. And I want to tell them: "we're gonna need a bigger bra " Because it makes me laugh as I too have been attacked by bra hamsters in the great fattening period.

people who attempt to shove 10 pounds of sugar into a 5 pound bag - "too fat for that"= bad! I hope they are just broke and temp stuck with a bad outfit and not bad taste.

big noses - I love shnozzzzzes. I really do. Im stuck with the button version. Love the roman shape instead. Its perfect.

noses that are too small or just plain ugly - chief wiggum style? I really only think that bad plastic surgey makes for a bad nose. Everything else is just opinion.

ugly lips - ugly lips? I dont think I have ever seen this.

missing teeth or screwed up teeth - welcome to america. Go to the damn dentist already. I HATE bad teeth. HATE HATE HATE. Because they smell. I cant stand a poorly taken care of mouth. Looks,smells and tastes BAD.

tattoos - meh...whatever.

piercings - meh....whatever.

cellulite - mmmmmm.....depends and I think it falls under that "too fat for that" rule.
Does not apply to those who have more than 30 % grey hair. Older age gives you liberty and I dont think natural aged looking cellulite looks as bad as unhealthy intake cellulite in the young.

stretch marks - Please women cover up your ta ta marks if you are going to be wearing a ta ta type top. It only takes a bit of foundation or body makeup...come on...just do that for yourself. Little bit of pearlized powder on top. You will look better than you did before the marks.

hairy legs or moustaches on women - legs....I stare. It just looks off. Moustache...yeh..um those are for dudes not chicks. No excuse. Guys shave everyday.
What do you think you get relieved from doing so? Why? Is it really that hard to take two swipes of a razor or rip it out with wax? And I am not talking peach fuzz...Im talking young men would be jealous of some of the women I have seen...Why cant they see it?

hair that you think is ugly - subject to opinion

short hair that you think is ugly - it can be if it on the wrong person

long hair that you think is ugly - long hair is never ugly...lol

too much make-up or not enough make-up - crusty = gross
(too much make up) It makes me stare. No make-up. whatever

people with acne - also bothers me. I know they hate it and I want to tell them about stuff to try but that would be rude. I cant eat around people with pus problems.

greasy hair - UGH! take a freakin bath already

dirty crusty elbows - UGH! take a freakin bath already

unkempt nails with dirt in them - UGH!+ VOMIT! You know fingernails collect fecal matter and quite a bit of it. Very gross.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,986,148 times
Yes I think so if I have a pimple or two...

Old 09-02-2008, 02:41 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,286,001 times
Better break out the paper bag!

:P

Old 09-02-2008, 06:08 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,513,557 times
I dont really care about looks because I can look the other way - what really bothers me is when someone passes by me and smells so revolting with stinky body odor because they dont shower every day. Yeck!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:31 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,310,775 times
I don't care what anyone looks like as well. What i cannot tolerate is a heavy smoker standing next to me in line at the store, because they are reeking of stale smoke, b.o and whatever and they don't know it because they can't smell it.
And people with lots of b.o also wreck the moment.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:23 PM

28 posts, read 67,294 times
I believe anyone can be beautiful in their own unique way if they have a beautiful heart and spirit!! I'm not being corney, this is the truth. Physical beauty can be so much fun to stare at.. but when you're bored after 10 minutes, then what?? Does it continue to intrigue my mind and make me want to be more like that individual? Absolutely not. I want to be more like the person that could make me smile for a Lifetime. Well after my fresh face and tight body As far as b.o. goes... ew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty