Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 01:24 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times

Advertisements

I posted a while back that I could not wear earrings anymore. I went to the dermatologist and she said I had a nickel allergy. She told me I had to wear 18k gold or titanium. Well 18k is out of the question as it's too $$$$.
Pure titanium earrings are also very pricing and frankly they are small and I like dangle earrings.
I went on ebay and found some earrings called Charlestone earrings. They are not pure titanium but have titanium posts and they are beautiful. Also they were only 10.00 total.
So in case anyone is suffering like I was try titanium.

Last edited by KylieEve; 10-27-2010 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 09:23 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I posted a while back that I could not wear earrings anymore. I went to the dermatologist and she said I had a nickel allergy. She told me I had to wear 18k gold or titanium. Well 18k is out of the question as it's too $$$$.
Pure titanium earrings are also very pricing and frankly they are small and I like dangle earrings.
I went on ebay and found some earrings called Charlestone earrings. They are not pure titanium but have titanium posts and they are beautiful. Also they were only 10.00 total.
That's really good news Lisa.> Maybe I'll go this route myself.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
That's really good news Lisa.> Maybe I'll go this route myself.
Thanks so much! You should. I haven't been able to wear earrings without horrible discomfort for 10 years. Who would have thought that a pair of cheap 10.00 earrings would be the solution. I wasted so much money on 14k earrings

Old 10-28-2010, 11:29 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Good for you!
I dont feel completely dressed without earrings!

Old 10-28-2010, 01:52 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Thank you. I have severe allergies too . I will check those out

Old 10-31-2010, 06:33 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,471,504 times
Good deal & thanks for the tip, lisalan. I don't have problems now, but I did in the past. Good info to store away.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Good deal & thanks for the tip, lisalan. I don't have problems now, but I did in the past. Good info to store away.
no problemo

Old 11-01-2010, 12:47 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,529 times
Quote:
It's good you found what you're looking for. I can only wear Titanium with the exception of nickel free 14K gold (which is hard to find) or I suffer (and I have a lot of piercing to suffer from, lol!).

I wish Titanium would become more of a standard for regular costume earrings as it's lightweight and can be made in different colors. I agree that the prices are high for very tiny Titanium earrings but I feel safer not wearing dangles to prevent the "cheesecutter" effect I see on so many women's lobes.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
It's good you found what you're looking for. I can only wear Titanium with the exception of nickel free 14K gold (which is hard to find) or I suffer (and I have a lot of piercing to suffer from, lol!).

I wish Titanium would become more of a standard for regular costume earrings as it's lightweight and can be made in different colors. I agree that the prices are high for very tiny Titanium earrings but I feel safer not wearing dangles to prevent the "cheesecutter" effect I see on so many women's lobes.

What do you mean by cheesecutter effect?
You can find nice titanium earrings on ebay if you search under Charlestone.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:24 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
I've had a nickel allergy ever since I had my ears pierced at 18 ( and that is a LONG time ). I can wear 14kt gold and up (yellow gold only - while gold has too much nickel), most sterling, or any of the "nickel free" earrings that are so plentiful now. I can't even wear most watches, so I found a manufacture that makes titanium watches, and they have been great. The choices used to be very limited, but you have many more options now, than I did so many years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty