Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:50 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyAnn24 View Post
I recently got two new tats on my ankle... one a week ago and one yesterday... the first one I used A&E lotion and it scabbed big time!!! And now someone suggested I used preparation H cream on my tat?? Will this work to heal my tat and not cause a lot of scabbing??? What have you used?? Need some ideas for a good looking tattoo
Your artist should have recommended for you to use Aquaphor. It is the best product for new tattoos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 03:28 PM

75 posts, read 197,480 times
If you can FIND them, then TattooGoo or H2Ocean are both tattoo specific and work really great. I use either of those for the first several days, and then switch to Lubriderm unscented lotion. Vaseline isn't great because it can pull ink, and Neosporin may cause an allergic reaction (It did to me! And when the reaction faded, so did my tattoo. ). Also, an artist that didn't tell you what kind of aftercare your tattoo needed is not a reliable artist in my opinion.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,761 times
A+D Original Ointment is specially formulated with two active ingredients, Petrolatum and Lanolin.
And Aquaffor is 41% Petrolatum.
Petrolatum is Petroleum jelly...

Now that's funny stuff.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:46 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Your artist should have recommended for you to use Aquaphor. It is the best product for new tattoos.
This. Aquaphor is best. I used it on both of mine on my tattoo artist's recommendation and had no problems. And someone said it's just Vaseline, but it isn't. It's petroleum jelly like Vaseline, but it has added ingredients that make it last longer and moisturize better. My dermatologist also recommended it to me when I was on a harsh lip and skin drying medication, and it was wonderful. I use it all the time now.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:07 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
My tattoo artist recommended Aquaphor, and the shop carries both that and H2Ocean. He told me not to use triple-antibiotic ointment (as another tattoo artist told me in the past!) because, as someone else stated, it can pull the color out.

Someone mentioned covering a tattoo in Saran Wrap before going to sleep. Even if the shop covers your tattoo with plastic wrap, it's a good idea not to leave it on as it doesn't allow the skin to breathe. I've been fine with washing the new tattoo (very gently) with Provon soap and then using a thin layer of Aquaphor. I was also told that showers are fine; just avoid letting the water beat on the fresh tattoo and avoid soaking it in the bath until it is healed.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,468 times
can i use Antifan?

Old 08-06-2015, 06:02 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,690,021 times
Unscented lotion is the only thing a tattoo needs besides a once daily gentle wash. Apply 3-4 times a day the first week.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:04 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
i see the original post is old and this has been resurrected for some reason, but i just had to say i have two tattoos and both times i was told to use curel. that's it.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:32 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyAnn24 View Post
I recently got two new tats on my ankle... one a week ago and one yesterday... the first one I used A&E lotion and it scabbed big time!!! And now someone suggested I used preparation H cream on my tat?? Will this work to heal my tat and not cause a lot of scabbing??? What have you used?? Need some ideas for a good looking tattoo
When I got my tattoo years ago, the artist recommended Baciguent.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:59 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
I didn't use anything on mine, but nivea cream after they were done scabbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty