Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionnlagh View Post
looking at this question objectively and asking the question: why are some women attracted to hairless men?
Why are men attracted to women with no hair on their legs or pubic hair or armpit hair? That is not natural for women either. Your point is kind of moot.

----

I personally don't like guys who engage in a lot of hair removal. Some trimming or grooming here & there, fine. I could deal with a waxed chest if a guy is very hairy and sensitive about it, but I don't mind a little chest hair.
I don't like shaved legs on men at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,930,296 times
[quote=orangeapple;7297182]Why are men attracted to women with no hair on their legs or pubic hair or armpit hair? That is not natural for women either. Your point is kind of moot.

----

Men don't like hairy women because then they'd be too much like men.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:30 PM

727 posts, read 1,890,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Man, isn't it painful?
Yeah.....but I turn the pain into pleasure. I have a beautiful,young,asian women......putting hot wax all over me....Who wouldn't like that?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:12 AM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,331 times
I trim my body hair some of the year, but shave it at other times. I stay fit, and don't like the look of a bunch of hair covering up what I work hard for...lol. I also swim, and wakeboard competatively. Have you ever tried to take a pair of wakeboard boots, or a wet suit off with a bunch of hair....OUCH!!...lol. I do however clipper shave my facial hair because I like the dark semi scruffy, but groomed look.

As for women, I don't like hairy legs for sure, and don't know any men who do, it's a sign that a woman does'nt take care of herself to most of us, and it's icky! As for the armpits same goes, but I don't live in France or any of the other European cultures where it is more acceptable. If I did it "may" be a "little" different. And in the private areas of a woman hair is not a horrible thing as long as it is groomed. Btw....no offense to your post orangeapple you are a beautiful woman, just my personal opinion.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:14 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,542 times
I have a rule, and luckily my hubby was down for it when I met him! If I am going to keep myself neat and trimmed and pretty, he needs to do the same. Especially in the private area!!! YUCK! I do not want to be with any man who does not manscape and keep his stuff nice and neat!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:13 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
As for women, I don't like hairy legs for sure, and don't know any men who do, it's a sign that a woman does'nt take care of herself to most of us, and it's icky! As for the armpits same goes, but I don't live in France or any of the other European cultures where it is more acceptable. If I did it "may" be a "little" different. And in the private areas of a woman hair is not a horrible thing as long as it is groomed. Btw....no offense to your post orangeapple you are a beautiful woman, just my personal opinion.
Wait - who said I was hairy? haha. And thanks, I guess

Oh and the Europe thing is a myth....women shave legs/armpits there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
Errr...does having hair on their head and eyebrows make them too much like men also? Come on now....I'm fine with the current beauty standard, but it isn't any more natural for women to be totally hairless than it is for men.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:18 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
[quote=bande1102;7299726]
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Why are men attracted to women with no hair on their legs or pubic hair or armpit hair? That is not natural for women either. Your point is kind of moot.

----

Prior to WWII NO woman shaved, they wore hose. But because of the rationing (and all of the canvas that the military needed) women's hose went on the chopping block. Women responded by shaving their legs and 'painting' a strip down the back side of their legs to give the appereance that they were waring hose.

As for the armpits. There was a marketing campaign to sell more shaving cream and razors in the early 1900's, but it was mainly marketed to the upper-crust women.

Ask your grandmother about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Oh and the Europe thing is a myth....women shave legs/armpits there too.
This is a recent phenomena amongst European women and it is mostly the younger women who shave since they have more of an American influence on them. Many middle aged and older European women still do not shave.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:51 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post

This is a recent phenomena amongst European women and it is mostly the younger women who shave since they have more of an American influence on them. Many middle aged and older European women still do not shave.
This is very true!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:01 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
I dont find it necessary but there are men that do that. The ones who really need to do something are the really hairy-scarey ones, with a ton of chest hairs, hairy backs. I know they cant shave their backs but there's gotta be a cure of some type, yikes!!

Old 02-06-2009, 11:39 AM

54 posts, read 168,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
I'm curious as to what your opinions are about men shaving their body hair. I am normally hairy, but I recently shaved all my body hair for the first time, for a photo shoot for a friends clothing company modeling shorts.

I've gotton mixed reactions from people about it. Some people react like it's great that I did it, they've said things like "Why don't more guys do that?" or "That looks so much better and cleaner."

Others have looked at me with an expression of confusion, "Why did you do that?", "I would never do that to myself." etc. It seems that women like it, and men react to it like it's wierd or unnatural. Some people even seem to think that only gay men shave thier bodies, however I am not gay.

Personally, I think it's much cleaner and better looking. It seems like women are more attracted to it too. I've also realized that when it's hot outside, having all that extra body hair just feels warm, sticky and nasty. I might just keep on shaving it.

So what is you alls opinion on this? It seems like there's a certain stigma in our society that "real men" don't do it. Thanks
OMG!! PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE keep the hair off!! There is nothing more nasty then a man with hair all over. Get rid of all of it. Nothing like a clean slate to work with or look at. There is something to be said for smooth skin. As far as I'm concerned the only exceptable hair on a man is underarm and lower leg. Sooo if you have more then that...shave, wax, or clip. Just remove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty