Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,602 times

Advertisements

Recently, I found a very good way to reduce the dark circles, it works well on me. When you work a long time before a computer, it is normal that you eyes felt tired, at this time, if you still have a lot of work to do, just give yourself a few minutes to relax, to get a hot compress. Take a small towel and make it touched warm (not too hot), then lie down, close your eyes, and then covered the towel on them. When the towel cool down, remove it. It is better to take a 2-3 three minutes cold compress.

Is this new for you or you’ve already tried it? If you have any good tips to remove the dark circles, do you mind to share them with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 02:31 PM

29 posts, read 110,415 times
Well, some good cosmetic tips:

1. Don't wear any unless you are leaving the house for a while, for the day.

2. Get enough exercise (it does show in your face and makes your complexion a lot better).

3. Stay away from lots of salty foods, caffeine (use sparingly), and sweets (use sparingly).

4. Always take off makeup with a makeup remover facial cleanser (like Noxzema or some other product that safely removes makeup very easily without leaving residue on your face).

5. Always apply a facial moisturizer/lotion to face first before applying makeup.

6. Don't wear much foundation, blush, or eyeshadow during the summer (just put on some sunscreen, SPF 20 or more, to face and then a little waterproof mascara, eyeliner, brows, and lipstick. That's all).

7. Drink lots of water (it does show on your face if you're hydrated or not).

8. Stay away from excess alcohol use and certain types of drugs/medication that might break you out (alcohol breaks the capillaries on your face and makes it ruddy and rough).

9. If out in the summer, wear lots of sunscreen on your face and wear a hat, if possible, to shade your face from too much sun.

10. Eat lots of veggies and fruits.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:29 AM

19,716 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Instead of lotions, I like to use Aloe Vera gel on my legs after I shave.
It makes them hella smooth!

Old 01-31-2011, 08:34 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
My favorite tip: too much of anything is not good, and that includes makeup.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:25 PM

250 posts, read 911,082 times
My tips:
moisturize and exfoliate regularly and often.
use spf daily even in winter
I love using a bronzer gel or mouuse whichever you prefer. I like st tropez, it is costly but it is awesome and worth every $$.
use a primer
don't wear ALOT of makeup, you'll look younger and fresher without it caked on.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:13 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times
OLIVE OIL (OO)

Want a moisterizer? use OO It absorbs into the skin without the oily feel of mineral oil
Want to treat dry hair and split ends? Trim the end and warm OO and coat hair let sit 30 min and wash out.
Want a beautiful tan? Use OO
Want to be regular which will clear your skin? Take a couple of Tbs a day for a week or two
Want exfoiliate your skin? Combine OO with salt or sugar and gently rub your whole body and then shower it off with soap and water.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:19 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,744 times
Coconut oil for hair-amazing!!!
Mineral makeup-protects and makes my skin look better
Kerros (awesome primer without silicones and mositurizer)
Alpha Hydroxy for face-great gycolic cream
Vasline for eyelashes

Old 02-01-2011, 07:15 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Drink lots of water
Healthily, a balanced diet and exercise regularily
Avoid caffeine, smoking, alcohol , the usual obvious culprits
Get enough sleep
Cleanse, and moisturise twice a day
Exfoliate once or twice a week
Use eyebrow gel instead of pencil - more natural as it coats the hair individually
Do not wear too much make up - It clogs your pores and is not great for the skin -less is more
Use a good mask once in a while
Try to avoid chemicals as much as possible wether in cosmetics or food
Always use sun protection when exposed to the sun and give preference to make up products with a good SP factor
Argan oil is a fantastic natural ingredient which is wonderful for skin and hair ( olive oil works too !)
Remember to moisturise your neckline and hands daily as these are parts which we often neglect
Always look after your feet , they deserve pampering as one of the hardest working part of our bodies

A friend of a friend who was a make up artist to the film industry gave me a tip about about blusher - put it under your loose powder to make it look more subtle and always give your nose and chin a small "brush-load" of it to give it a sunkissed look. It seems to work

I personally much prefer loose powder as it is ligher and leaves your skin feeling really soft.

Use colours and tones which complement your skin rather than clash with it
Use perfume sparingly , it is supposed to subtle not overwhelming and sickly
Make sure you have a good haribrush which is good for your particular hair. A bad hairbrush can do a lot of damage

Old 02-01-2011, 09:13 AM

860 posts, read 2,716,348 times
I would add 2 tea bags of chamomile chilled in the frige, lain over each eye for about 10m. before going out, if you are puffy, have dark circles.
Plus all the others.
Avoid ,avoid ,avoid sun on your face when you are young and you will be glad later. A woman over the age of 18 has no reason to fry her eye area in the sun, you have sunglasses and hats-use them.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:20 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
a reputable dermatologist and plastic surgeon(s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty