Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:33 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,636,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
In my view, heels ARE NOT attractive under any circumstances on a woman. They make her look like a ho
I agree, I saw Mrs. Clause in heels, and she looked like a
ho ho ho

Merry Christmas!

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 11:36 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I agree, I saw Mrs. Clause in heels, and she looked like a
ho ho ho

Merry Christmas!

Jonathan

But more importantly, did she give you a present?

Old 12-03-2010, 11:40 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,351,786 times
ScienceDirect - Body Image : The leg-to-body ratio as a human aesthetic criterion

Abstract

There are surprisingly few empirical studies on the aesthetic appeal of human legs, examining such variables as length or shape. The human legs are conspicuous in erotic contexts, but few studies have experimentally tested preferences for longer legs. This study examined the utility of the human leg-to-body ratio (LBR) as a specific aesthetic criterion among 71 British undergraduates. Participants rated for physical attractiveness line drawings that varied in five levels of LBR. The results showed that a longer LBR was preferred as maximally attractive in women, whereas a shorter LBR was preferred in men. Evolutionary psychological and socio-cultural explanations for this aesthetic preference are discussed, and the study's limitations are considered.

Leg-length to height ratio and attractiveness
For the same height, women tend to have longer legs. Hence this study reported a preference for exaggerated sexual dimorphism.

When women wear high heels, they make their legs appear relatively longer. High heels are not good for posture, but again, patriarchy cannot be blamed for this. Women are doing it to make themselves appear more feminine and appealing.
So much for another "cultural" influence.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:40 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times
I've always found high heels to be very attractive on a woman (on guys, not so much) and they look even better when she's wearing a short dress and dark nylons. I could go on about this but I think I'd better leave it at that.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:47 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Interesting. I hadn't seen any study on leg proportions before. Even though I'm a big fan of good proportions and symmetry and thus prefer woman 12, I have to say man 11 looks better to me.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:47 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,553,461 times
Quote:
For as long as I can remember, I've always felt this way. The women in my family wear flats, no more no less. They don't do stillettos, heels or none of that because some of them have chronic foot issues and like me, they see young women wearing heels/stilettos and conjure up in their minds "Yep, she's a ho."
Just out of curiosity, how tall are the women in your family? I'm only five feet tall so it's very hard to not wear some sort of heel. Some of my pants just require it! Stilettos are out, though. I am way too clumsy for that. Lol

Old 12-03-2010, 11:51 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,636,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
But more importantly, did she give you a present?
well.. she DID...

Jingle my bells.
lick my candy cane.
wore something that showed off her mistletoe.
made me say screw the milk and
cookies.
definitely added my name to the 'naughty' list (which was nice)
she hollyed my jolly.
she melted my icicles.

Santa Jon

Old 12-03-2010, 11:51 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
In my view, heels ARE NOT attractive under any circumstances on a woman. They make her look like a ho
So that is how you tell who is a ho and who isnt?
My mother use to wear heels, to church. I always thought it made her look classy.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:55 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,264,809 times
I don't often wear heels, but given the choice between heels and flip-flops, I'll take the heels. I'd rather risk the (silly, IMHO) judgment of Northside than waddle and walk like a duck.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:56 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So that is how you tell who is a ho and who isnt?
My mother use to wear heels, to church. I always thought it made her look classy.
It's one thing to wear heels but it's another thing to give off a trashy vibe while wearing heels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Just out of curiosity, how tall are the women in your family? I'm only five feet tall so it's very hard to not wear some sort of heel. Some of my pants just require it! Stilettos are out, though. I am way too clumsy for that. Lol
5'5-5'8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty