Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I've wondered, while standing in the checkout line in the grocery store, what those Kardashian sisters would look like without all that fake stuff... plastic surgery, makeup, photoshop, personal trainers, hair straightening and extensions, fake eyelashes, fake tans, teeth whitening, botox, etc. They look so unnatural. But then again - that seems to be how a lot of women want to look these days - fake. Sad.
They'd look like most other Armenian women, which is generally pretty unfortunate.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:56 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Wrong. Totally wrong.

I present to the court Exhibit A:
http://thumbs.****/thumbla...5118I3yC87.jpg

And Exhibit B:
http://www.oleole.com/media/main/images/wallpapers/112052/sexylady_298949.jpg (broken link)

CASE DISMISSED!!!
The case was already dismissed by me as soon as your narcissistic posts were read.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,866,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciDiva View Post
They are called bad-bodied or booty dew-their stomach stick out further then their booty do.

On a man you call that same problem dickydo

But I think the women who have stick figure legs and arms and then a big tummy are often having some sort of hormonal weight gain...you see that shape develop after menopause, often in women who don't see a doctor regularly.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:49 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,107 times
I used to think this too but the scientific community dismissed this theory after studying it for many years. I think it all boils down to fast food, junk food, portion sizes and little if any activity. All this has changed dramatically in the past 50 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I always wonder if it's the hormones in the dairy products and milk that people eat so much of these days. The milk myth is really bad, it causes all kinds of problems for us health-wise but until our government stops the subsidization programs it's never going to change. Our government and the dairy industry will continue to promote products that are bad for us. Even the medical community is s l o w l y coming around and seeing the light, but it all boils down to money/profit.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:51 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,107 times
People will think what they want to think. Men stare so that must be a good thing?

They are probably staring hoping that their wives will never gain so much weight. Unless they are chubby chasers, and have their own set of issues there, overweight is generally not considered attractive.

PS Kim Kardashian is the prime example of curvy, I don't really care about her talent, I agree she is gorgeous. Personally I prefer to be much more athletic/lean, but she looks amazing imo. Anything bigger than her though I consider overweight.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:58 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
The case was already dismissed by me as soon as your narcissistic posts were read.
Good. Glad you learned something. Now hit the gym and lose some weight. Your kids and husband (if you have) will appreciate it. Husband will like you more and your kids will be happy knowing that mommy will be around to watch them grow up.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,249,696 times
Quote:
Good. Glad you learned something. Now hit the gym and lose some weight. Your kids and husband (if you have) will appreciate it. Husband will like you more and your kids will be happy knowing that mommy will be around to watch them grow up.
That has got to be the most hateful post I've ever read on this board. You should be ashamed of yourself!

As a person who works in the healthcare field - attitudes such as yours do nothing to help stem the rising tide of obesity in our nation. I propose that statements such as yours only help to escalate it. By tearing down and telling a complete stranger (whom you've never met in your life) that her husband and kids will like her better if she's thinner does absolutely nothing to teach.

If your goal was to humiliate another human being then congratulations - good job! you reached your goal

If we build up people - teach them - give them the tools to make healthy choices - then the majority will. If they don't, then ultimately who cares? It's their choice to make. It does not affect you if someone whom you've never met and never will is overweight.

And just so we're all clear on my position. I think it is equally deplorable to criticize or ostracize a person who is underweight. No one should be making fun of anyone's appearance. Either way you're only contributing to the mental health issues and eating disorders that are the common comorbidity of weight issues.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:30 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
That has got to be the most hateful post I've ever read on this board. You should be ashamed of yourself!
Its okay that you are mad. Nice to be able to express one's emotions and not have it all bottled up. Its bad for blood pressure but as someone in the healthcare field you already know that.

As a parent, one of the greatest gifts you can give your children is your presence - to be there for them!!! I always tell people I train that they OWE it to their children not to die prematurely from heart disease or any other fatal illness that is a result of obesity and/or extremely poor diet and/or lack of exercise. If you disagree, then you must not be a parent.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:00 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,249,696 times
Quote:
Its okay that you are mad. Nice to be able to express one's emotions and not have it all bottled up. Its bad for blood pressure but as someone in the healthcare field you already know that.

As a parent, one of the greatest gifts you can give your children is your presence - to be there for them!!! I always tell people I train that they OWE it to their children not to die prematurely from heart disease or any other fatal illness that is a result of obesity and/or extremely poor diet and/or lack of exercise. If you disagree, then you must not be a parent.
It's OK that you are concerned about the health of a person, whom you've never met . As a trainer, I'm sure you know that it's not OK to humiliate your clients - but of course I guess you already knew that

I agree - your presence to your children is invaluable. However, being healthy entails so much more than physical health, your mental health also leaves a lasting legacy with your children. I would hope that you knew that too.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:07 PM

89 posts, read 175,059 times
You're Lao's client?

Anyways regarding curvy. I believe this lady is the definition of "curvy".
A very pretty definition

Edit: and without that corset, she might fit the "plump" too but I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty