Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 12:57 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,615,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Come on... white males are extremely critical of females body weight. I know not every guy is, but I would say overall while males are much harder on women and their weight than any other race of men out there.
Maybe where you are, but my husband has never asked how much I weigh, the only men that have have been Dr.'s, or my trainer (who promptly pinches me with calipers to check bf%, lol!)

I would say overall white WOMEN are much harder on other women.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia2004 View Post
The waist has to be at least 10 inches less than the hips and boobs to qualify as 'true' hourglass, only 10% of women have ''true'' hourglass figures.
It's weird you say 10", cause I have always heard 12"+ (AKA 36-24-36), or 0.7 WHR (waist hip ratio), and that less than 8% have it.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciDiva View Post
They are called bad-bodied or booty dew-their stomach stick out further then their booty do.
If it's a guy, you call them a dickie-do, cause their tummy sticks out more than their dickie do.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:36 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,020,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I would say overall white WOMEN are much harder on other women.
Agreed. And I also think we are harder on ourselves as well.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:47 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,770,714 times
I started becoming interested in this difference in the past year when I realized that to most people 'curvy' means plump, regardless of body shape.

Though I am quite thin, there's a 12" difference between my waist and hips. Should this not qualify me as 'curvy'? But to most people if you wear a size 2 you must be 'stick thin' (though I hate that description).

Old 10-15-2011, 10:52 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,898,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post

Though I am quite thin, there's a 12" difference between my waist and hips. Should this not qualify me as 'curvy'?
It really depends on how you are proportioned. I know a LOT of thin chicks who are "curvy" because they have such flat stomachs, small waists and really curvacious bubbly backsides. Like the Queen of tiny curvy women - Kim Kardashian, she has a world famous backside and small waist. She's definitely curvy.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:19 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,770,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
It really depends on how you are proportioned. I know a LOT of thin chicks who are "curvy" because they have such flat stomachs, small waists and really curvacious bubbly backsides. Like the Queen of tiny curvy women - Kim Kardashian, she has a world famous backside and small waist. She's definitely curvy.
Ah, well, I don't fit into that category. I am wide of hips and small behind but at 6 ft I guess I'm far more stretched out so a shorter lady with the same measurements would be considered curvy where as I am just plain skinny.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:47 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,736,590 times
I am plump and curvy, so deal with it.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 28 days ago)

2,002 posts, read 3,322,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I dont consider her to look "skinny" though.

Her arms and legs dont look skinny to me, like a lot of other TV and Hollywood people's do.

She's just plain "built." IMO

Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,545,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I started becoming interested in this difference in the past year when I realized that to most people 'curvy' means plump, regardless of body shape.

Though I am quite thin, there's a 12" difference between my waist and hips. Should this not qualify me as 'curvy'? But to most people if you wear a size 2 you must be 'stick thin' (though I hate that description).
Yes YES! A THOUSAND times YES!!!

Y'all. It's not the number of curves that defines if you are curvy, lumpy, plump, or fat (although a circle or oval is not curvy. Round is not curvy). It's the number of CREASES you have (naked). I know a LOT of women who are medium sized and wear form fitting clothes so going by most of y'all's definitions (waist to hip ratio, hourglass shape, PEAR* shape) you would call them curvy but I KNOW that naked they are as lumpy as my brother in law's mashed potatoes.

*REALLY? Pear shaped is curvy? One curve does not make a person curvy. You at LEAST need two curves to qualify as curvy, with no creases. One curve makes you ROUND! And I would hardly call round attractive. You call a winding road curvy. You don't call a race track curvy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.