Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 05:25 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,936,361 times

Advertisements

To me "ugly" is a real put down, the supreme insult you can hurl at someone. "Fugly" I always guessed was even worse because it means "F--king Ugly."

I was at a coffee shop a few hours ago and there was a chubby young woman by herself with a really pretty face. I wanted to tell her how beautiful she was.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:38 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Who died and made you ruler?
Don't remember that there was a ruler in the past who had the power. Anyway it doesn't take a ruler for people to use the proper language.

Quote:
I would not put the word "thin" and "curvy" in the same sentence.
Even when a thin woman has more curves than a thick woman?
Quote:
Do you think those Victoria Secret Models are curvy?
Pretty much. I mean, really. Look at the pics in the links below.
Quote:
I don't.
Then I submit that you are considering the popular definition of curvy instead of the actual definition.
Quote:
They use tricks to make themselves appear curvy.
Not true.
Quote:
The woman voted sexiest woman alive is a size 14. She has curves.
Interesting... I googled "sexiest woman alive" and the first hit (October 2010 - only 2 months ago):

Minka Kelly Is the Sexiest Woman Alive 2010

Pic
Another

I personally wouldn't call her the sexiest woman alive but she's certainly gorgeous. She looks like an hourglass to me. And she looks very curvy and not plump at all.

Minka Kelly measurements - True Knowledge
Minka Kelly is 5 feet and 5 inches tall. Her measurements are 34-24-33.

I won't doubt that some people consider a particular size 14 woman to be one of the sexiest women alive, but it's not her appearance that gets her there. It's her personality. It's her presence. It's her attitude. And that doesn't have anything to do with her curviness.
Quote:
The sexiest woman to date is Marilyn Monroe and she was a 12.
I beg to differ. I think Marilyn is sexy because of her fame.
Quote:
Get over yourself.
It's really not about me. It's about truth. Represent yourself accurately.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
To me "ugly" is a real put down, the supreme insult you can hurl at someone. "Fugly" I always guessed was even worse because it means "F--king Ugly."
Fugly originally meant Fat and Ugly. But yeah, whichever definition you use, it's pretty offensive.

Quote:
I was at a coffee shop a few hours ago and there was a chubby young woman by herself with a really pretty face. I wanted to tell her how beautiful she was.
Probably because you felt that she must have had low self-esteem because of how fat she was. You judged her.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:47 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post

Probably because you felt that she must have had low self-esteem because of how fat she was. You judged her.
rofl

Old 12-27-2010, 08:57 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
Rubenesque women (the "average women" today) have curves where the creases come together. Lumpy and curvy are synonymous, but not all curvy women are lumpy. Kind of like "all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares." Tricky, but makes sense.
And you would be the end-all expert about this because why???????
Somwhow I doubt that you have the background.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Who died and made you ruler? If a man sees a thick woman with curves and wants to call her curvy, he can.
Exactly.
There are an amazing amount of folks out there that think their sense of taste is the only one there is.....

Old 12-27-2010, 09:18 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,066 times
I think some of y'all are getting a bit too sensitive. I am fat myself (5'0" and 145 lbs) and I don't believe that the amount of fat rolls you have makes you curvy. It is about the total shape of the body. If you are coke bottle shaped, then you are curvy. If you are apple shaped with some rolls, you are not curvy.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Exactly.
There are an amazing amount of folks out there that think their sense of taste is the only one there is.....
It's not a matter of taste. It's a matter of language. You either have more curves or you have fewer. And plump women have fewer.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
I think some of y'all are getting a bit too sensitive. I am fat myself (5'0" and 145 lbs) and I don't believe that the amount of fat rolls you have makes you curvy. It is about the total shape of the body. If you are coke bottle shaped, then you are curvy. If you are apple shaped with some rolls, you are not curvy.
I agree Marissy. Props to you.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
It's not a matter of taste. It's a matter of language. You either have more curves or you have fewer. And plump women have fewer.
No, its all about perception.....ever hear of dismorphic (sp?) body disorder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty