Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 03:11 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times

Advertisements

This may seem somewhat frivolous, but I'm desparate. Most lipsticks make my lips itch and get sore. Clinique used to work for me but the company has changed the formula to include SPF and moisture, and now my lips itch like crazy when I wear it.

Anybody know any brands that won't have this effect?

Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Read Almay and Neutrogena lipsticks and see if they are hypo. - if you have a problem w/them, CVS and Rite Aid will return them.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:31 AM

Default Good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Read Almay and Neutrogena lipsticks and see if they are hypo. - if you have a problem w/them, CVS and Rite Aid will return them.
Thanks! Didn't know Neutrogena sold lipstick. I'll have to check them out. Almay hard to find at this point.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:50 PM

2 posts, read 51,452 times
I have all of the same problems with anything on my lips including gloss or balm. I did find one with Emu oil at a swap meet that worked ok for awhile, but then I reacted to that too. I also think it is from SPF, or perhaps just exposure to the sun when I was younger. If anyone comes up with anything that works I'll be interested. Used Tangee many years ago, might have to give it another try, but sure would like to find something moisturizing.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:24 AM

Default Moisturizing Ingredients Could Be the Allergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBum View Post
I have all of the same problems with anything on my lips including gloss or balm. I did find one with Emu oil at a swap meet that worked ok for awhile, but then I reacted to that too. I also think it is from SPF, or perhaps just exposure to the sun when I was younger. If anyone comes up with anything that works I'll be interested. Used Tangee many years ago, might have to give it another try, but sure would like to find something moisturizing.
I'm thinking the moisturizing ingredients cause the allergic reaction, along with SPF. I'm allergic to soy and many products have that ingredient. It's so hard to figure.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:53 AM

258 posts, read 450,697 times
I stay far away from crands such as Clinque, Revlon, and Avon as much as possible. Well I tend to not use makeup for the most part because I love the natural look but also in part that I get severe allergic reactions to whatever they have in their makeup/skincare line in those brands. What I found that works for me MAC has a nice lipshine lipstick? for the tinted colors and mix it with natural lip balm for the mosturizing effect.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 51,452 times
I know petrolatum and SPF are culprits. Am not sure about beeswax. I usually react to products with that in it, but don't know if it is that or something else. Tried some Neutrogena natural lip balm recently. I can use it once in awhile, but not on a regular basis. Only use it when I am desperate. What is MAC? I can't use any of the "brands" either. I did find some nice natural products from Evans Garden (evansgarden.com), Also has a lot of good info on taking care of ourselves and our earth.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:42 AM

682 posts, read 2,423,393 times
This is a great website for comparing ingredients, allergens, sensitivity, etc. of cosmetics and other body products:
Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Reviews

Main website:
EWG Home | Environmental Working Group

Old 04-04-2011, 08:19 AM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
You also might try Burt's Bees. I love their lip balm but they also have glosses and lipstick-like products that might work for you.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:36 AM

Default Burt's Bees

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
You also might try Burt's Bees. I love their lip balm but they also have glosses and lipstick-like products that might work for you.
I tried Burt's Bees and liked the way it looked. However, it caused dryness and cracking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty