Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:34 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I wear jeans a lot, but I almost never wear T-shirts unless I'm either doing yardwork or going to the beach in the summer.
I prefer to wear khakis and cotton Oxford button-down collar shirts. The only T-shirts I wear now are undershirts unless I'm at the beach. I very rarely wear shorts outdoors (again, at the beach perhaps) because nobody wants to see my hairy legs (that's another thread here at City-Data Forum).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 06:57 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I prefer to wear khakis and cotton Oxford button-down collar shirts. The only T-shirts I wear now are undershirts unless I'm at the beach. I very rarely wear shorts outdoors (again, at the beach perhaps) because nobody wants to see my hairy legs (that's another thread here at City-Data Forum).
In the warm months, I wear shorts as much as I can, but I wear them with a polo shirt.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
In the warm months, I wear shorts as much as I can, but I wear them with a polo shirt.
Maybe you have nicer legs than mine.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:06 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Just make sure your clothes fit right.

And not a fashion thing, but lift weights - it keeps the aches and pains away and makes you look better in your clothes.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:00 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE-Ed View Post
I would also like to add for the guys to get rid of the comb over look. This look is just terrible. I am shocked to see the number of guys that are over 38 with this look. Just cut the hair and go for the bald look. And don't even think of getting a toupee. I saw a guy walking down the street wearing a red one the other day. It looked so tacky and cheap.
Thank you. I was one who didn't accept my hair loss immediately and even wore a "rug". Thankfully I came to my senses and just accepted myself for who I am.

Guys..don't freak out about balding. In all honesty, the majority of people don't notice or care anyway. It's simply part of the aging process. They WILL notice when you try to cover it up with a cheap toupee or a bad transplant.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:46 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times
The first thing to come to mind for me was to avoid the dad jeans, but someone already beat me to it. I really hate those dad jeans which are too light colored, too short, too high-waisted, and have those really big, ill-placed pockets that make your butt look flat.

Dad jeans are not appealing! It is amazing how much better a middle-aged guy looks when wearing a good fitting pair of dark wash jeans with a stylish pair of leather shoes (not tennis shoes!).

Also, maybe it's just me, but I do not like when men attach any items to their belt including cell phones, leatherman/pocket knives, tools, wallet, camera case, fanny packs, IPAD (I've seen this), suspenders (wear without a belt), gold chains, etc. Why do men love to clip all these things to their belts?????

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 01-14-2011 at 12:01 PM..

Old 01-14-2011, 01:14 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,441,846 times
ok here goes since iam at the age of 51 and i wear t-shirts and jeans and hikeing boots outside of work because of dressing work is allways in a dress slacks and shirt with tie and dress socks and belt or suit and tie and shoes for work ..so outside of work iam not a big let get dressed up to do something type of guy inless it going out on a date to a play or the opera or a really nice place for date or a wedding date then i will dress up for the person ..

but iam allways going to be the t-shirt and jeans and hikeing boots and a barn jacket type of guy for that my era when iam going up in the middle of the 70s and onward

i do shaveing the head because of not likeing the two big bald spots on the front and rear areas of the head and i figure it time to shave it and be done with it along with keeping a clean shaven look i still can get carded here and there in a couple of places for buying alochol at the store and trim the eyebrows and ears and the back of the neck and the nose hair as they are need to be done ..

a nice mancure here and there to keep the nails looking goods for grooming for the work area of my life and i done the pedcure a couple of times a year for they run specials on the nails and pedcure togerther special that they offer ..

i have spent the day in a spa once a month deal that one place has for men and i love the massage and spa treatment day that they have along with a full baber for men there to shave and cut hair after the spa day and no iam not a metrosexual type of person ..

i found that after a workout a full body massage will put me to sleep on the table so fast it not funny and i will snore when iam asleep as i was told by the one lady who was doing the massage on me ..they wake me up to turn over and finish up the massage and i will go back to sleep from becomeing so relaxed as they work on my body at the time of the massage .

the one lady who i book all the time she loves me for she says i will sleep through the whole thing and not be a problem with the hands like some of the other guys ..

i do also get the facials and other treatments that the place offers as part of the men package for the day spa that i go to once a month

i work out three times a week with the TRX suspension trainers unit and it works great for me and my body group for a full body work out to keep me at my wieght of 275 pds of solid body wieght ..i do have a little bit of body fat but the doctor told that is also going to be there and i do not have a problem with it .

so iam not in the best shape of my life but iam doing ok in my life and wonder if i ever have the body of a 18 year kid again not but iam ok in this age of my life

Old 01-14-2011, 01:22 PM

914 posts, read 1,806,094 times
Quote:
I'm a middle aged guy, past 50, with graying hair at the temples and no longer a flat stomach. I always thought they should give us guys who reach 40 an instruction sheet on grooming that says:

-- Get rid of that EAR HAIR ... it's ugly!

-- Get rid of the NOSE HAIR too ... it's disgusting.

-- You know, it wouldn't hurt to trim those bushy EYEBROWS a little.

-- Make sure your barber or stylist razors off that fuzzy hair on the back of your neck.

Now I'm not a Metrosexual and not into that whole "manscaping" thing, but I do believe in being well groomed.

Any more suggestions for us middle aged guys?????
I'm all about your list.

Do everything Hugh Hefner is doing?

Old 01-14-2011, 07:21 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times
Quote:
I'm a middle aged guy, past 50, with graying hair at the temples and no longer a flat stomach. I always thought they should give us guys who reach 40 an instruction sheet on grooming that says:

-- Get rid of that EAR HAIR ... it's ugly!

-- Get rid of the NOSE HAIR too ... it's disgusting.

-- You know, it wouldn't hurt to trim those bushy EYEBROWS a little.

-- Make sure your barber or stylist razors off that fuzzy hair on the back of your neck.

Now I'm not a Metrosexual and not into that whole "manscaping" thing, but I do believe in being well groomed.

Any more suggestions for us middle aged guys?????
Just Do it!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post

i found that after a workout a full body massage will put me to sleep on the table so fast it not funny and i will snore when iam asleep as i was told by the one lady who was doing the massage on me ..they wake me up to turn over and finish up the massage and i will go back to sleep from becomeing so relaxed as they work on my body at the time of the massage .

the one lady who i book all the time she loves me for she says i will sleep through the whole thing and not be a problem with the hands like some of the other guys ...

I also believe in the health benefits of massage, and encourage people to get massaged regularly. I travel frequently to places like India and Thailand where they take massage seriously.

What I don't understand is ... "a problem with the hands like some other guys ..." What does that mean? Do they have a problem being touched?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty