Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 07:39 PM

39 posts, read 91,333 times

Advertisements

OK, I am not kidding. Why can't I find womens jeans that are 100% cotton? I do not care for the stretch jeans that are the big craze right now ( not even as low as 1% - they just stretch too much).

I went to 3 major anchor stores in the mall last week and 3 times I was practically scolded for asking if they had 100% cotton jeans. Macy's reply was "yes we do, in the mens department only". Now I understand that the stores only have X amount of space and they are forced to sell what people are buying, but really, would it be so difficult to have 1 rack of non spandex in them? I have major issues with the fashion industry as it is anyway with letting us have choices ( for example, most pants these days are low riders, even dress pants - I don't find them comfortable or flattering at all). OK end of rant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 07:50 PM

37,101 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcoast911 View Post
OK, I am not kidding. Why can't I find womens jeans that are 100% cotton? I do not care for the stretch jeans that are the big craze right now ( not even as low as 1% - they just stretch too much).

I went to 3 major anchor stores in the mall last week and 3 times I was practically scolded for asking if they had 100% cotton jeans. Macy's reply was "yes we do, in the mens department only". Now I understand that the stores only have X amount of space and they are forced to sell what people are buying, but really, would it be so difficult to have 1 rack of non spandex in them? I have major issues with the fashion industry as it is anyway with letting us have choices ( for example, most pants these days are low riders, even dress pants - I don't find them comfortable or flattering at all). OK end of rant...

Is there a Land's End store near you? Some Sears stores have Land's End, too, although the one near me only has men's stuff.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 PM

230 posts, read 621,455 times
Have you been to a LEVI's store? They definitely sell 100% denim.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:55 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,467,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcoast911 View Post

Aww, come on!! Dontcha just loooove "jeggings"??? Nothing like acid-washed stretch pants with fake pockets sewn on!!!!!

Old 01-14-2011, 09:58 PM

BTW, the reason there are blends is because they are less expensive (besides being "fashionable"). Have you noticed that you can now get a relatively quality pair of jeans for about $30? Denim is pretty expensive to work with and cotton prices have increased over 100% this year - so you're likely to see less 100% cotton items everywhere because stores don't want to raise their prices!

Old 01-18-2011, 07:46 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,989,910 times
I have to agree...100% denim without the "stretch" will stay up without a belt! All of my "stretchy" jeans will start to slide off my hips, unless I put a belt on...and that leaves a "bump" under any shirt I wear outside of my jeans! (Sweaters and that sort of top)...
And they get larger the longer you have them on....I thought the lycra (or whatever) was supposed to keep them tighter on you!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:59 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,981,489 times
I agree. I hate they way jeans are made today and it is very frustrating to find anything that fits properly.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingsoon2020 View Post
BTW, the reason there are blends is because they are less expensive (besides being "fashionable"). Have you noticed that you can now get a relatively quality pair of jeans for about $30? Denim is pretty expensive to work with and cotton prices have increased over 100% this year - so you're likely to see less 100% cotton items everywhere because stores don't want to raise their prices!
$30?? Really? I'm picky about jeans, and I can't find any that aren't less than $75. I typically buy mine at Express or Gap. They last a long time with minimal stretching, shrinking, etc.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:29 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,947,837 times
There is an "Army/Navy Store" near me and they carry Levi's. The old kind that fit well and don't cost a fortune.
I don't like the stretch ones either. I also don't like the boot-cut style, which flap around the ankle when you walk. And I don't want super-skinny. Just give me the original straight-cut five-pocket denim jeans.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
$30?? Really? I'm picky about jeans, and I can't find any that aren't less than $75. I typically buy mine at Express or Gap. They last a long time with minimal stretching, shrinking, etc.
You can grab denim for cheap at Loehmanns. Joe's, True Religion, Chip & Pepper, etc. Or sample sales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty