Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you own a pair of "CFM" heels
No way!! Not practical 40 56.34%
Yes, but only wear them in the bedroom 8 11.27%
Yes, will wear them out occasionally (I am married) 11 15.49%
Yes, will wear them out occasionally (I am single) 6 8.45%
Yes, wear them often 6 8.45%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 07:17 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,363,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Not so. You can be sexy in anything. I can wear a nice skirt and flats. I'm hot and I know it.

If I'm going for a different look in the bedroom, then it's letto time.
You may think so, but I don't, nor does my husband. Again, personal opinion. I've never looked at a woman in flats and thought she looked "sexy." Doesn't matter how beautiful she was or what type of outfit she was wearing. If I take notice of a woman in flats, I always think they look frumpy. Doesn't mean it's wrong or right, but that's my view on it. And I think there's nothing worse than a tall woman in flats. Often it looks like they're ashamed of their height (doesn't mean they are, but that's what it looks like to me. If only I had a buck every time a so-called "tall" chick approached me about me and my heels. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,470,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
You may think so, but I don't, nor does my husband. Again, personal opinion. I've never looked at a woman in flats and thought she looked "sexy." Doesn't matter how beautiful she was or what type of outfit she was wearing. If I take notice of a woman in flats, I always think they look frumpy. Doesn't mean it's wrong or right, but that's my view on it. And I think there's nothing worse than a tall woman in flats. Often it looks like they're ashamed of their height (doesn't mean they are, but that's what it looks like to me. If only I had a buck every time a so-called "tall" chick approached me about me and my heels. )
Real tall people get real, real tired of people carrying on like we are aliens because we are 7" taller than the idiot that is carrying on.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:38 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,568,858 times
Quote:
It's my personal opinion, but sexy and flats don't even belong in the same sentence. There's nothing sexy about them.
If you're sexy, you would be sexy in a hessian sack. Sexy is a state of mind and a vibe you give. It has nothing to do with the clothes you wear. Rita Hayworth would have been sexy in a dungaree and sneakers. She oozed sexuality through every pore of her being.

I think a lot of people seem to confuse sexy with looking like a w.h.o.r.e a lot of the time. I see a lot of women who wear so called "sexy" clothes and they mostly look like they belong in a brothel. I know many men think the brothel look is attractive but some men like my husband find it a complete turn-off.

Sexy is about the way you move, the way you deport yourself, your attitude, about being sensual, aware of your body, confident, attractive ( and not necessarily in a purely physical sense either).

To paraphrase you :

It's my personal opinion, but sexy and stripper heels don't even belong in the same sentence. There's nothing sexy about them.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:17 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,786,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
If you're sexy, you would be sexy in a hessian sack. Sexy is a state of mind and a vibe you give. It has nothing to do with the clothes you wear. Rita Hayworth would have been sexy in a dungaree and sneakers. She oozed sexuality through every pore of her being.

I think a lot of people seem to confuse sexy with looking like a w.h.o.r.e a lot of the time. I see a lot of women who wear so called "sexy" clothes and they mostly look like they belong in a brothel. I know many men think the brothel look is attractive but some men like my husband find it a complete turn-off.

Sexy is about the way you move, the way you deport yourself, your attitude, about being sensual, aware of your body, confident, attractive ( and not necessarily in a purely physical sense either).

To paraphrase you :

It's my personal opinion, but sexy and stripper heels don't even belong in the same sentence. There's nothing sexy about them.
Sexy is a state of mind. Society tell women you're sexy in heels only. You're sexy in this or that.

Flats or heels, I know when I'm rather sexier than the other day. Look at yourself in the mirror and say, wow look at you. I can't do anymore.

Some women think, you're sexy in 4" heels. Some are, but some look like hookers. If that's your looks, then go for it.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:19 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,363,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Sexy is a state of mind. Society tell women you're sexy in heels only. You're sexy in this or that.

Flats or heels, I know when I'm rather sexier than the other day. Look at yourself in the mirror and say, wow look at you. I can't do anymore.

Some women think, you're sexy in 4" heels. Some are, but some look like hookers. If that's your looks, then go for it.

I wonder why the character in your profile picture isn't wearing flats?

And sure, sexy can be a state of mind but just because you think you're sexy doesn't mean that I think you look sexy. No different than you thinking someone looks like a hooker, but another person thinking they look hot or sexy.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:38 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,786,201 times
Quote:
I wonder why the character in your profile picture isn't wearing flats?

And sure, sexy can be a state of mind but just because you think you're sexy doesn't mean that I think you look sexy. No different than you thinking someone looks like a hooker, but another person thinking they look hot or sexy.
You said, you didn't think women were sexy in flats.

I said, sexy is a state of mind.

Now, if you think you are sexy in 4" heels...go for it.

My look is mine. If I look in the mirror and think I'm hot, than I am. I don't follow rules of flats or heels.

My profile pic is about the entire outfit of leather. If I find a pic with a woman in flats or bare feet, than I'll post it.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:39 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,439,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post

Mooseketeer, you are absolutely right. There are some people that are so sexy that what they're wearing doesn't impact them at all. This reminds me of Johnny Depp talking about when he met his girlfriend Vanessa Paradis: he was in a completely dark room but when their eyes met Johnny knew that she was intriguing and attractive and he wanted to talk to her. Vanessa could have been wearing a full on bear costume at the time but she still would have exuded a certain mystery, femininity, and sexiness that would have attracted Johnny Depp.

Too many women feel as though they need to throw away their dignity to "look sexy" and attract men--it's almost as if they need to look like they're 2 seconds away from having sex in order to feel sexy. It's a shame.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 PM

609 posts, read 1,256,512 times
i hate shoes. lol. if winter didnt happen, id wear nothing but flip-flops year round. but i cant wear heels. i cant balance in them, and im constantly afraid of falling over, or rolling my ankle (and i have a bad ankle)...i just cant lol. so no. im not a super girly girl.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:53 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,121,592 times
I think wearing stripper heels implies that a woman is trying too hard to look sexy. I'd never feel comfortable doing something like that.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:26 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,039,528 times
I own a pair of 6 inch black platform patent leather stiletto's. Made by Steve Madden. I wear them out often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty