Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 04:46 PM

860 posts, read 2,716,170 times

Advertisements

Hey I have that last one! My husband got it at a shop for strippers in Scottsdale! (Gosh, thanks hon). I wear it only in the boudoir.
The absolute truth is they are all "good time girl" tops.The last 2 for sure. I say have your fun, I have seen your pix way back and I am sure you can pull it off, but on the day you want women to like you and men want to commit to you and treat you right, I say order from a new catalog. You can still be sexy and fun, but if you really and truly want to be treated well, go about 2 steps away from these. You never know who you will meet in these tops, and how life would be better if you had made a better impression.
Sorry to get all judgy, but yeah they are not so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 04:49 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I hate when women do this...complain when they wear something that might elicit a certain response from people. I realize that a couple of these tops might elicit a certain type of response, but I love these tops and I'm not going to NOT wear something I like just because someone might have something to say.

The truth is that I usually dress more for comfort than style, and living in a state where the weather is usually hot, I prefer wearing tops that bare some skin. That's just me. But I don't roll my eyes at any attention I might get.
That being the case, here you go:

Trashy Lingerie - Sexy Wet Look Fantasy Top and Thong

Old 02-01-2011, 04:51 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with any of them as long as you have the figure to pull it off...you do....I don't lol.

I don't like the yellow and black checked one but that's just my choice. I love the black one and the white halter. The tie dye is a more fun look.

Go for it

I also wanted to add..I think those styles are for younger women. Go ahead and bash me, lol, but I believe when we reach a certain age, although I haven't decided what that age is, that it's time to grow up and be more mature and not try to look like a middle aged woman who is afraid of aging.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
A little pricey for no material

Old 02-01-2011, 05:06 PM

860 posts, read 2,716,170 times
I do not think the OP is middle aged, but perhaps at that point where she can still pull it off, but could do better.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:08 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
A few of their Halloween costumes look cool, but everything else is for the bedroom.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I also wanted to add..I think those styles are for younger women. Go ahead and bash me, lol, but I believe when we reach a certain age, although I haven't decided what that age is, that it's time to grow up and be more mature and not try to look like a middle aged woman who is afraid of aging.
Well...it's not like I'd be wearing these tops every time I get dressed. I make sure to dress appropriately depending on where I'm going, but at the same time I like wearing form-fitting things too, since I like to keep myself in shape. It's not like I'm prancing around in a bra and panties out in public.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
I do not think the OP is middle aged, but perhaps at that point where she can still pull it off, but could do better.
No, I wasn't talking about the OP. That was just an observation. Kind of like you need the figure to wear it

Old 02-01-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
I'm not middle-aged, but I like to have a variety of things to wear in my closet. These tops are just some things I saw and liked. I don't know if I'd order them...but they caught my eye and they are things that I could see myself wearing.

That said, not everything I wear is from catalogues like this. I have a lot of clothes from places like Lerner, Anthropologie, Chico's, Ann Taylor, etc.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Well...it's not like I'd be wearing these tops every time I get dressed. I make sure to dress appropriately depending on where I'm going, but at the same time I like wearing form-fitting things too, since I like to keep myself in shape. It's not like I'm prancing around in a bra and panties out in public.

Oh geesh....It wasn't an insult to you. Sorry of you took it that way. BTW, you are not of that age that I can't figure out anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty