Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 06:57 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Her body is great, but her face is just cute.

She has my voice and her accent is very similar to mine.
She has a face? Whoa. I'll have to look for that next time.

Yeah, I just LOVE the accent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 07:09 PM

238 posts, read 1,505,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
They're aging better than many other...I like the 18-25 yo Chinese/Korean/Japanese women, but when they are 40 it's just horrible
Russian from this age are like French or English women..

Anyway it's not true because we see you don't like them "Some are cute" tsss
Asians seem to age much faster in their homeland than her in America. I think it is due to the topical sun and their thin skin. Native Americans are of Asian descent. Look at old pictures of the Apaches in the Southwest. Geronimo looked to be 95 when he was 40. I was a Marine in Japan, Philippines, and Korea. I would tend to think that the economics at the time also led them to age prematurely. I was in my 20's and a women in their 30's looked old to me so that could also lead to my thinking. In ending I think Asians are without a doubt the most beautiful women in the world both inside and out. After you go Asian you never go back. I ended up marrying an Italian.......

Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,299,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Since you seem truly ignorant you might want to read the first sentence from the American Academy of Dermatology. Your varying degree of perception is just wrong.

Treating Asian Skin Requires a Delicate Balance Between Clearing the Condition, Preserving Pigmentation

"The U.S. Census Bureau predicts that the Asian-American population will total 40 million people by 2050. While as a whole this group is characterized by very dark hair and dark eyes, there is much diversity in Asian skin tones – from very light, pale skin to light or dark brown skin"

Maybe you do not realize it, but a significant percentage of us have very pale skin (pink based) that is paler than the average Caucasian. More have a yellow base with pale to medium tones. Then there are darker Asians. Secondly there are so many different types of Asians you cannot lump it all in one group.

You did not say "most" have darker skin. You pretty much lumped Asians with Mexicans and said "both have dark skin".
You should really make an attempt to understand the world around you before making implications that other people are ignorant.

I fully realize the variation in skin tones among Asians and many other races. Your problem is you are being sensitive over not much of anything.

I'll say it again, most Asians have darker skin tones. Because someone doesn't make a disclaimer regarding the variations in darkness doesn't mean they are ignorant.

My statement regarding darker skin tones means just that. I used this as an example. Nonetheless, my point isn't about darkness but the actual colour. Many Indians (from the Indian subcontinent) have skin as dark as some of the sub-saharan Africans. However, they have a slightly different colour. There are two different types of skin pigmentation. One is referred to as red, which is only common among Europeans, and another which produced a brown colour or black colour, or a combination of both. The blend of red, brown and black makes the final skin colour. A classic example is that reddish skin tone many redheads have. People from the countries around the Baltic Sea and into Belarus and Russia tend to have a varying mix of red and brown. Thing of the "golden" tan typical of many blonds. I'm of Russian descent and I have that goldish skin tone when I tan. That is the result of both pigments. Black doesn't mean the person is black, however, this colour is dominant among many sub-saharan populations. Other populations tend to have a mix of brown and black with very little or no red. Asians have very little or no red. Pink is the result of low levels of any pigment which allows light to reflect from vascularization under the skin.

Of course there are exceptions in every population. I'm not going to go into into mentioning every little detail about everything I know about Asians because someone might be a little sensitive over it.

Do you understand now?

Old 02-18-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy444 View Post
Asians seem to age much faster in their homeland than her in America. I think it is due to the topical sun and their thin skin. Native Americans are of Asian descent. Look at old pictures of the Apaches in the Southwest. Geronimo looked to be 95 when he was 40. I was a Marine in Japan, Philippines, and Korea. I would tend to think that the economics at the time also led them to age prematurely. I was in my 20's and a women in their 30's looked old to me so that could also lead to my thinking. In ending I think Asians are without a doubt the most beautiful women in the world both inside and out. After you go Asian you never go back. I ended up marrying an Italian.......
Much of Asia is temperate. Japan and Mongolia are at the same latitudes as California and Oregon.

Living in the tropics certainly has an impact. A good example is the Polynesian women. They are fairly good looking when young but the sun destroys their skin by the time they are 40. In the case of Asia, a lot of people have to do hard labour outdoors. Mongolians live at higher elevations where the UV factor is fairly high. Asians in the US tend to work indoors. It makes a big difference.

Quality of life plays a role too. Going back to Russians and Ukrainians, compare the younger women who have a relatively easy indoor life to that of their babushki who often spent quite a bit of time outside taking care of the field of cabbage and feeding the chickens. The current generation of Russian women are going to look a lot better in their 50s than their grandmothers.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:25 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I love it when people who don't know anything Asian appearances keep talking about them.
Unpleasant right? Well, now you know how Russians/Ukrainians feel about this thread and comments such as "peasant faces and aging badly" .

Old 02-21-2011, 12:14 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,971,719 times
First off, using the term 'Asian' is EXTREMELY relative. Asian refers to Indians in the UK. Just saying, there is not set term for 'Asian'.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
First off, using the term 'Asian' is EXTREMELY relative. Asian refers to Indians in the UK. Just saying, there is not set term for 'Asian'.

Well, uh, India is in Asia.

India has ethnic groups of Asiatic and Indo-European origin.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:46 AM

38 posts, read 170,874 times
you are exactly right! very observant!

Old 02-21-2011, 02:47 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Unpleasant right? Well, now you know how Russians/Ukrainians feel about this thread and comments such as "peasant faces and aging badly" .
Ahaha exactly

Old 02-21-2011, 07:27 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times
How about Brazilian women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty