Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 02:04 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

I don't have a tattoo nor will I ever get one.

But I don't think they are tacky. They are not for me, personally. But hey to each his own. I see nothing wrong with memorializing a loved one with a tattoo and I think that is one of the purest ways to get inked.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You know, the OP is a new member, and I tend to be a bit suspicious of new posters, and usually with good reason.
Seems as though the OP has offended quite a few posters on this thread, and for no good reason.
For crying out loud, they are just tats.
Yes...I also think she's about 16 (or so)....which explains a lot also.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
I'm sorry, but I didn't mean to bash anyone. If you do not want to take part in answering my question, then don't. Simple as that!
How do you not "mean to bash anyone" but then go on to call people tacky and their choice "useless"?

Old 02-20-2011, 02:06 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I wondered about her age, also.
With age comes wisdom.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
I dunno, I thought I asked pretty nicely.
You didn't.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:17 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
So true.

Here is a vid of a friend of mine who has series tats. She's HOT because the tats are part of her entire persona and it symbolizes who she is as a person/artists/teacher/performer/yoga instructor. In other words, she's a bada$$ who pulls off looking great with tats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqJsa...layer_embedded

Someone should have talked this Goliath out of getting this tat:
These examples above are good indications of one person putting thought into her tattoos, and the other person putting ZERO thought into hers. What is that on the big chick anyways? NASCAR drivers?

Hate to say it, but a woman' body size and shape make a difference as well.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:39 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
[*]Do you regret the tattoo(s)?

Nope.

I have two, both small, discreet, and designed by me. Unless you know me, you wouldn't know that I had them. The only regret is that one of them is in shades of green, and the other is in black ink only, and I wish I'd gotten them both in black, because it holds up better for longer without needing retouches, and I just think that black looks better on my pale skin...more contrast. But I don't regret getting either of them, I love them both.
[*]What was the reason for the tattoo(s)?

They are both related to my cultural heritage and speak to a formative time in my life. And they're both pretty designs.
[*]What does the tattoo say about you?

That I'm not anti-tattoo?

Also that they weren't the choices of a kid who'd get sick of them...I picked my designs in my late teens and early twenties. Then I waited, and considered them over the years. After more than five years had passed, I decided that since they still appealed to me, I'd go ahead and get them. It wasn't something I wanted to do spur of the moment, there was quite a bit of thought behind it.

I also am not the cliche of the typical "tattooed girl," apparently (the classic, if often erroneous, stereotypes do not apply...I am not a punk, party girl, stripper, "bad girl," promiscuous, a drug user, goth, military recruit, in a gang, biker, lesbian, etc.)...which is another reason it appealed to me. I'm not "the type." I like to do things that are unexpected.

Ultimately, it's like any other aesthetic choice. It's more permanent than some other aesthetic choices, so you do have to be careful to go with something that you won't "outgrow." Lame hairdos can be walked away from, as can bad fashion, misguided piercings can be taken out, etc. So you have to be smart and choose something timeless - spur of the moment tattoos are rarely a good idea.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:34 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Ah yes, that would explain a LOT!! Particularly the repeating of "if you don't like my opinions, don't respond" - which is such a teenager attitude.

Edit: I just read her profile (which was difficult with her choice of colors), and she is indeed a Junior in High School... now I feel stupid for even entertaining her questions, LOL. I actually got my first tattoo at 16, but thankfully I chose wisely & still like it today (18 years later). Most teenagers don't quite have the maturity, though, and I'd recommend waiting until you're a bit older. Watch, she'll come back at 25 with a full sleeve and back-piece.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:14 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Ah yes, that would explain a LOT!! Particularly the repeating of "if you don't like my opinions, don't respond" - which is such a teenager attitude.

Edit: I just read her profile (which was difficult with her choice of colors), and she is indeed a Junior in High School... now I feel stupid for even entertaining her questions, LOL. I actually got my first tattoo at 16, but thankfully I chose wisely & still like it today (18 years later). Most teenagers don't quite have the maturity, though, and I'd recommend waiting until you're a bit older. Watch, she'll come back at 25 with a full sleeve and back-piece.
I get the feeling that if that were to happen, nobody here would know

I've decided that I would like a tattoo, just not sure of what and where. Been thinking about it for a while. All I could decide FOR SURE are that whatever I get would not be visible if I were in "business casual" attire- nothing on the hands, forearms, neck, face, etc.

Still leaves a rather large amount of skin to be covered though

Old 02-21-2011, 05:50 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:

Yeah she's still in High School.

LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty