Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 01:11 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Refusing to use anti aging products in your 30s and 40s--- just washing and moisturizing and making no effort-- yes, I think that is lazy.
Me too, but to each their own! Although I have been using anti aging products since I was 12...it definitely shows when my brother who is 3 years younger than me- looks older than me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 01:12 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,117 times
Quote:
I didn't take care of my skin that well till I was nearly 40. A lot of damage could have been prevented. Imo not caring for your skin is similar to refusing to get your teeth cleaned-- it's almost *gross*. A woman who has a dull, lifeless, lackluster complexion isn't going to impress anyone and may even bore her self. I know when I finally got with the anti aging program that it was a big Oprah type lightbulb thing.
Yes what people don't realize is that wrinkles are caused by loss of moisture..the more you moisturize your skin the less your wrinkles have a chance to become deeper.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:13 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,203,678 times
Everyone "loses their looks" if they live long enough. We just notice it more in women when youth starts to fade.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:39 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
Quote:
No one looks 20 after their 30s.....the point is to look GOOD for your age. I don't want a bunch of lines on my face--- to me that isn't healthy. Most aging can't be complety erased, I agree, but people should do as much as they can. Anything less than Retinoids, exercise, sunscreen& a good diet is just plain lazy.
I think I do look good for my age. I am 37 and guess I look to be in my early 30s. Lines happen; they are part of life. I wear sunscreen and hats, drink lots of water, moisturize, wear minimal makeup, eat pretty well, and rest as much as I can. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars to put some prescription miracle whatever on my face, because looking 30 instead of 33 isn't important to me. That's lazy to you, but simply different priorities to me.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:44 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,379,476 times
Quote:
No one looks 20 after their 30s.....the point is to look GOOD for your age. I don't want a bunch of lines on my face--- to me that isn't healthy. Most aging can't be complety erased, I agree, but people should do as much as they can. Anything less than Retinoids, exercise, sunscreen& a good diet is just plain lazy.

Well, I don't think any of us dispute the importance of taking care of your skin, moisturizing, lots of fluids, diet filled with deep green leafy vegetables and avoiding the sun, however, at the end of the day, you can't run away from time. I do all those things, and I look mid-20s while I'm already 32, but even so, I see some laugh lines starting to form around my eyes.
Aging gracefully doesn't mean that you have to be in denial that eventually you will have wrinkles all over your face, anything less than that will lead to either being overly obssessive with your looks or spending tons of money on surgery and Botox (not that there is anything wrong with it).

On another note, I have no interest in using Retinoids, my virgin coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer and the excessive usage of sunscreen can be even more damaging in the long run.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:06 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Well, I don't think any of us dispute the importance of taking care of your skin, moisturizing, lots of fluids, diet filled with deep green leafy vegetables and avoiding the sun, however, at the end of the day, you can't run away from time. I do all those things, and I look mid-20s while I'm already 32, but even so, I see some laugh lines starting to form around my eyes.
Aging gracefully doesn't mean that you have to be in denial that eventually you will have wrinkles all over your face, anything less than that will lead to either being overly obssessive with your looks or spending tons of money on surgery and Botox (not that there is anything wrong with it).

On another note, I have no interest in using Retinoids, my virgin coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer and the excessive usage of sunscreen can be even more damaging in the long run.

You might want to buckle up hun, you're in for a bumpy ride.

I said the same thing when I was your age.... 5 years later all I could think is, why didn't I use the Retin-a?

Old 02-26-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
You might want to buckle up hun, you're in for a bumpy ride.

I said the same thing when I was your age.... 5 years later all I could think is, why didn't I use the Retin-a?
No thanks. I have done some reseach on retinoids and not impressed. Virgin coconut oil works better.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:56 PM

86 posts, read 259,884 times
I am not going to fight a losing battle...here is my plan. I am just going to lie about my age! I am not going to lie about my age the way the most people do though. Instead of saying I am younger than I really am, I am going to say I am older than I am.

Think about it. I am 39. If I tell people that I am 29, they think, "Holy Crap! That lady has aged hard." But if I tell people that I am 49, they are going to think, "Holy Crap! That lady looks great for her age!"

Old 02-26-2011, 03:10 PM

They are taking Retin-A off the market by the way.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:59 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
That isnt news.

I dont think anyone can name any woman who looks better at 35 than she did at 25. Unless she was a fat 25 and lost all the weight by 35 maybe. For the most part, we ALL lose our looks as we get older.
Ah come on, bro, why does everything have to somehow related to being fat

Seriously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty