Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:23 PM

208 posts, read 413,684 times

Advertisements

A dozen little cuts every day. The next time you meet a pretty ****** just know she wasn't always that way.

I'm supposed to pretend to feel bad about myself and walk around in a sackcloth? Oh no, wait...it's you're supposed to feel good about yourself by being a ****** toward me. Did I get that right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 11:02 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,817,967 times
Uh...

Old 03-04-2011, 11:10 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,886,098 times
Issues?

Old 03-05-2011, 12:38 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,460,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickel View Post
I've been told countless times that I'm beautiful. But, I'm sick of it. People constantly think that if one is attractive they have a wonderful life. I would much rather be an average looking girl if it meant I could be happier with who I was, family, school, relationships, etc. Yes, I might be able to get a free drink at a bar, but that doesn't stop lifelong eating disorder symptoms. As much as many people think that being attractive helps you in life, there are times when it makes situations harder. It's harder to get in a relationship, because guys are automatically intimidated by you, and sometimes they don't even think they have a chance with you, which is completely wrong. Does anyone else feel this way?

This is for any girl or guy who doesn't feel he or she is beautiful. The outside doesn't even begin to makeup up a person's beauty in comparison to the happiness on the inside.
Keep living.....looks fade

Old 03-05-2011, 03:33 AM

236 posts, read 858,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickel View Post
I've been told countless times that I'm beautiful. But, I'm sick of it. People constantly think that if one is attractive they have a wonderful life. I would much rather be an average looking girl if it meant I could be happier with who I was, family, school, relationships, etc. Yes, I might be able to get a free drink at a bar, but that doesn't stop lifelong eating disorder symptoms. As much as many people think that being attractive helps you in life, there are times when it makes situations harder. It's harder to get in a relationship, because guys are automatically intimidated by you, and sometimes they don't even think they have a chance with you, which is completely wrong. Does anyone else feel this way?

This is for any girl or guy who doesn't feel he or she is beautiful. The outside doesn't even begin to makeup up a person's beauty in comparison to the happiness on the inside.

Being "average" looking won't make you happier. Whatever personal problems you have they'll still be there no matter what you look like.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:42 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,599,964 times
Here's some words of wisdom for everyone..."you have to get out of bed sometime." In other words get some substance behind your looks-you may be hot but you are a dime a dozen-get some brains. Looks will only get you so far in life

Old 03-05-2011, 11:59 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,617,601 times
Being beautiful is easy since God gives you your looks. The hard part is when you get all vain about what you got for free.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:03 PM

604 posts, read 852,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Issues?
Not just a few issues, the entire subscription.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:26 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,945,831 times
Dear beautiful martyrs in this thread:

You're really not that good looking. People are just blowing smoke up your butt because you're so fragile and full of low self esteem. You can let go of your delusions of grandeur and woe-is-me b.s. now.

Sincerely,
me

P.S. Does the ugly truth (ba dum tish!) make you feel better?

Old 03-05-2011, 01:53 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,355,421 times
Here's the thing, if your life is really so hard because you're beautiful, that's REALLY easy to solve! Just wear something that's a little bigger and baggier than normal, to cover up your body, and wear bangs to cover some of your face, and Voilà! Instantly your looks will no longer get in your way. You'll be able to blend in with all the average-looking people. We're not talking about being ugly here, just "not-beautiful" and average-looking.

If your life is still tough, and you still have trouble relating to other people, then you'll know it's not really your looks that get in the way - and you can set about fixing whatever it is that is the real issue.

I've been beautiful and I've been not-so-beautiful and everything in between - and I can honestly say that my life wasn't easier either way. And I wasn't happier or more successful or more fulfilled. I love the way I look - but it really has no bearing on how satisfying my life is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty