Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:49 AM

15,972 posts, read 9,359,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post
then you have chickies like me - i dont wear a wedding band.

i always think its fun when someone asks if id like to go out sometime and i respond ' only if my hubby can join us'... the utter look on their face is priceless.... LOL
You want it both ways. You're married and want attention from single men, then enjoy the look on their face when you reveal the truth.

That's pretty damn low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 11:41 AM

10,823 posts, read 14,898,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Not everyone wants to spend a lot of money on a ring. I know I wouldn't. I'd rather spend it on a nice honeymoon. Memories are more precious than rings to me. And if you see a ring on that finger, just assume and move on. What's the point in fretting over it?
When I asked my wife to marry me I was a poor boy to be sure. It was a diamond, it was a good quality clear diamond but very small 0.19 carrots that set me back $200 in 1976.

She still proudly wears it, I've asked her if she wanted a bigger diamond and she's always said it was the perfect size for her. Thing is it was important to me that when I gave her the ring all of it belonged to me and not some finance company or bank.

Also if the ring is on the ring finger of the left hand she is married. Doesn't matter what the ring is.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:13 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
You want it both ways. You're married and want attention from single men, then enjoy the look on their face when you reveal the truth.

That's pretty damn low.
Trust me, in terms of "low" behavior, choosing not to wear a wedding band rates so low on the list, it's not even on the radar.

People need to stop thinking that people somehow owe it to them to wear sandwich boards displaying their availability. If you saw me out and about on my own, you wouldn't know that I have a boyfriend and have had one for years. If somebody asks me if I'm single, I'm going to tell them I'm not, and no hard feelings. Whatever. It's not a big deal.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:38 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
It always would for me if I had one. I would wear it with pride. I'd get two.... a cheap one for work and my good one she gave me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ_Bzr4U3ac
Why wouldn't you just wear your good one all the time?
Get it made from tungsten so it won't get damaged with activity.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:12 PM

15,972 posts, read 9,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Trust me, in terms of "low" behavior, choosing not to wear a wedding band rates so low on the list, it's not even on the radar.

People need to stop thinking that people somehow owe it to them to wear sandwich boards displaying their availability. If you saw me out and about on my own, you wouldn't know that I have a boyfriend and have had one for years. If somebody asks me if I'm single, I'm going to tell them I'm not, and no hard feelings. Whatever. It's not a big deal.
That's absolutely not what I said. Read my post again and read the post I was referring to. Pay close attention to what I highlighted in bold.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:13 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,390,079 times
I wear a ring on my wedding finger for a purpose: purity. I may not need a ring to remind myself, but I need something physical to remind myself WHY I am aiming to live a lifestyle in the first place. I have a strong consciousness when it comes to my own moral standard but a ring just helps even more. If you have a question, just ask and I'll tell you the truth. Well it looks better on my left side anyway.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:26 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,406,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ting ting View Post
Recently I thought I might go on a date or two or twenty. I don't know. So I'm in the grocery store a lot so in my case that's where I see a lot of women. First thing I look at is the ring or no ring. Gotta band on then off limits, move on. But what's with the undetermined ring or rings on the wedding hand?
I don't flipping get it and it makes me frustrated. It's on the wedding finger. To me the wedding finger is the wedding finger. I suppose that's not the case? Because sometimes you see a silver band and some other thing on the same finger and think no way is that a wedding band. That thing looks like it was a bubble gum prize. But maybe it is! I don't flipping know!
So ladies do you wear things on your wedding finger? Why? Why would women wear something on their wedding finger if they are not married? I'm sure you known guys are confused easily.
If you do see a ring on the finger but looks like something other than a wedding ring or an engagement ring than what are the guidelines with the ring code?
I think it's an unspoken rule that if you see a ring on the wedding ring finger she's either married, or wearing a ring there so she's not asked out. Before I was married I had a "fake" wedding ring to wear when I didn't want to be bothered, and I doubt I'm the only woman who has done it.

Take it as a hint and ask someone else out.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:16 PM

4,971 posts, read 10,644,148 times
I actually wear a ring on my left ring finger that was a gift from an ex-beau. I wear it b/c I love the style of the ring. It only fits on my ring finger and I wear it on my left hand b/c I'm right handed and it tends to get in the way if I wear it on my right; it is especially uncomfortable on my right hand while I am writing (and I do a lot of writing).

When people ask, I tell them that, sometimes, a ring is just a ring. It's ridiculous that I wouldn't wear it b/c I don't want to scare off guys. I find that, if they're really interested, they'll strike up a conversation and ask, especially b/c I don't wear it all of the time. Moreover, I want a man who is interested in me enough to have a conversation with me, not a guy who is just looking for a woman who is "available." If he asks, I know he's interested, and there's no grey area.

These days, men and women really should ask, ring or not, b/c there are a lot of people out there who are married and who don't wear rings and/or think it's okay to date someone if the other person never asks (the 'ol "Well, you never asked if I was married...")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty