Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 08:07 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,228 times

Advertisements

Their[style is actually commonly thought of as sophisticated, especially for their age group.They have their own highly successful fashion line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Not everyone wants to dress like a teenybopper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 08:20 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Their[style is actually commonly thought of as sophisticated, especially for their age group.They have their own highly successful fashion line.
Yes, I was completely aware of all that, unfortunately.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:23 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times
I wasn't even aware that the Olsen's were still around....I mean I assumed they were but haven't heard much about them in years and years. I never cared for their particular look. I understand they were wealthy and had "a line" of clothing but I can't get on board with them as having "revolutionized" the fashion world or are current fashion icons. They made a lot of money and they were fads a decade or two ago...Meh....

Fashion icons? I'll go with Audrey Hepburn...or Katharine Hepburn....or Jackie Kennedy Onassis....I can't think of anyone current that people are always talking about and imitating their unique look. That to me is what an "icon" indicates.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:03 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Yes, at Walmart.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:49 PM

I should have specified in the post title icons of the *2000s*...... which includes Rachel Zoe, Michelle Obama & Carine Roitfeld. And also, the hugely influential Olden twins!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:53 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yes, at Walmart.
Lets not forget to include Miley Cyrus in that list!

Old 03-13-2011, 11:03 AM

Actually their Wal Mart product line was discontinued several years ago. Since 2007 they have been designing the high fashion line, The Row.
The Row
Quote:
Yes, at Walmart.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:32 AM

230 posts, read 621,384 times
Quote:
Yes, at Walmart.
Nope!
They have several successful fashion lines and run a multi-billion dollar fashion industry. They're more successful then several couture houses! Their collections are beautiful and they've definitely been a huge influence in the industry. Not to mention that those girls are the hardest working 20somethings I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with.

But anyway. I vote for Edie Sedgwick to this list.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:59 AM

5,006 posts, read 10,682,464 times
Definitely Kate Moss, b/c most of her style is her own creation (rather than that of a stylist who helps her), which is why someone like BL wouldn't make the cut. I remember that she showed up for her first awards show dressed without the help of a stylist and she looked terrible.

SJP always has had the benefit of a stylist (on S&TC) but her look was so unique, unexpected and difficult to replicate that she deserved being on the list; I would love to be able to replicate her style but it's almost impossible, same with Moss.

One thing that I don't like about the list: no men. Johnny Depp, Lapo Elkann and Yves Saint Laurent are all men who have effortless, unique and innovative styles.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingsoon2020 View Post
Nope!
They have several successful fashion lines and run a multi-billion dollar fashion industry. They're more successful then several couture houses! Their collections are beautiful and they've definitely been a huge influence in the industry. Not to mention that those girls are the hardest working 20somethings I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with.

But anyway. I vote for Edie Sedgwick to this list.
Since I've been hidden under a rock and never noticed anything about the Olsen's other than those enormous Jackie O sunglasses... Can you post a few photos? I would seriously like to see what's in their line that has been such an influence.

(Glad to hear the hard working reference. All I've heard is hard playing.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty