Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 12:36 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,317 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Have any of you found a good sunless tanning spray or lotion that you have found to work well? and one that doesn't stain your clothes, make you streaky/orange and stink?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 02:31 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times
The best one I have tried is Loreal Sublime Glow. Looks natural, no streaks, but it stinks. I have tried numerous brands and they all stink to varying degrees. I have noticed that some people find certain brands more offensive than others; that may have to do with your own body chemistry. Personally, Jergen's smelled the worst to me. Also, I am very fair and I have to use the Medium color in any self tanning lotion to get results.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
The best one I have tried is Loreal Sublime Glow. Looks natural, no streaks, but it stinks. I have tried numerous brands and they all stink to varying degrees. I have noticed that some people find certain brands more offensive than others; that may have to do with your own body chemistry. Personally, Jergen's smelled the worst to me. Also, I am very fair and I have to use the Medium color in any self tanning lotion to get results.
I'll second that! I love this stuff. Been using it for about 3 years. I agree about the smell though...one of these days they'll figure out how to get around that.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:49 AM

290 posts, read 388,561 times
TEA!!!
I've heard (and definitely intend to try it this summer) that black tea is great. Make a pot of black tea (no sugar, no milk!), let it cool down, put it into a spray bottle and spray away!
You can vary the colour intensity and it's inexpensive. If you have ever made black tea you can see how much it stains mugs and teapots... so it should stain the skin well as well as stay on the skin.
oh... and you won't be orange! haha!!

Old 03-14-2011, 03:36 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,201 times
This is what I use also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post

Old 03-19-2011, 04:11 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
love the loreal towelettes. Easy to put on and great.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:17 PM

250 posts, read 910,936 times
I have tried so many..

right now. I use jergens and coppertone tinted. I do have sublime too from loreal but just FYI there are sparkles in it, it's not a straight up color so I like to use ONLY on my legs and arms. I don't like shimmer on my face, neck, decolletage area, even on my arms. I'm 36 though--someone younger can get away with that. Good color though and a 'thinner' lotion. The jergens and coppertone tinted lotion are thicker.

I have tried tan towels--they're OK only. They fade uneven though. Very easy application.

St. Tropez bronzing foam--by FAR the best all around color ever. It is awesome, NO orange at all very natural BUT-the stuff is a bronzer and in summer you can sweat it off a little. I hate that part so I'm torn. Also the most expensive. Again, most natural color I have ever seen and foam is light enough to use on face and body both.

Ive seriously tried every one out there. I used to LOVE neutrogena deep foam. I find foams go on best, streak least and fade well. I can't find that one anymore though unfortunately.

A tip-go and get the applicator sleeves sold probably anywhere, ulta-sephora and such. I find they REALLY help even application.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:40 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
For some reason my skin doesn't "absorb" the chemical colorants well. I've used many brands and, no matter how much I put on, or how dark of an intensity I use, I never seem to get beyond one tone darker. Hardly noticeable. Frustrating because I like dark on my legs. So I always try to do it via direct sunning, but where I live that's often not even possible until July.

Anyone have this problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty