Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 02:05 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,832,228 times

Advertisements

Such nice stuff....I want everything. I really love the dresses. I just find dresses so much cooler in the summer, and some of them seem so much easier to dress up with accessories.. I can see that I will be spending more $$ than I planned on spending. Some things never change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 04:51 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
I bought some flats last night at Target. Told myself wouldn't but did anyway.

But first I like this dress but it most likely won't flatter me.

Mossimo® Women's Multi Style Convertible Maxi Dress - Blue : Target

Here are the shoes:

Women's Xhilaration® Singne D'Orsay Flats - Floral : Target
Women's Mossimo Supply Co. Othelia Braided Flat Sandals - Black : Target
Women's Mossimo Supply Co. Othelia Braided Flat Sandals - Natural : Target

I have these in black and brown but they don't fit that welll & aren't that comfortable, but will probably buy more of:
Women's Dolce Vita for Target® Rope Wedge Sandals - Cognac : Target

I am updating things I already have since I am not finding as much that fits being a 40 year old size zero...... I can't decide if I'd rather have shorter dresses than long, and also haven't found new pants.

I have the floral sandals on today. I wouldn't normally wear floral sandals but they are black which is a great color for me.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
More of my summer must-haves

A shorts romper
RACHEL Rachel Roy Romper, Short Sleeve Cargo - Shorts & Capris - Women's - Macy's

and these dresses

Leifsdottir Tie-Waist Ruffled Button Dress - All Day Dresses - Bloomingdales.com

Rachel Roy: New Arrivals > Dosti Dress, Ships 4/29

Robert Rodriguez - Tiered Maxi Dress - Bergdorf Goodman

Ella Moss Enchantment Woven Maxi Dress - Day - Bloomingdales.com

a pair of sailor pants

Women's Sailor Pants from Lands' End (http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/SailorPants-80804_219647_-1.html?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-null-_-Canvas-_-data_feed - broken link)

Old 04-02-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I bought some flats last night at Target. Told myself wouldn't but did anyway.

But first I like this dress but it most likely won't flatter me. I am updating things I already have since I am not finding as much that fits being a 40 year old size zero...... I can't decide if I'd rather have shorter dresses than long, and also haven't found new pants.

I have the floral sandals on today. I wouldn't normally wear floral sandals but they are black which is a great color for me.
The flats are cute. I love the wedge sandals with the rope soles--just don't ever get them wet...they'll weigh you down, and they take days to dry.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:02 PM

Calipoopy I love what you've chosen. I remember where alot of this kind of stuff in the the late 70's as a teenager. Brings back great memories.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:06 PM

I bought a pair of Coral leather flats today just to hang around in, and a beautiful linen suit in a creamy-beige colour. I can't post a picture of the suite because it's not on the website but it has a really pretty jacket with ruching, and the skirt is quite long and flowy.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
Ooh, I like those mystique sandals, also the wedges they have on their site! Are they a decent quality?

For some reason Boston Proper sends me catalogs constantly, though I have never purchased anything from them. What do you think of their quality and sizing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'm waiting for these to arrive!
Mystique Sandals 3874
Mystique Sandals 3907

And I can't wait to wear my Lilly Pulitzer Seamus dress! (http://www.thepinkdoormemphis.com/prodimg/R1087328.jpg - broken link)(although first I need to find a seamstress/tailor who can take it in because I've lost a bit of weight since I purchased it.)

Also waiting on a couple of dresses from Boston Proper:
Side-tie t-shirt dress*|*Boston Proper
Fabulous little black dress*|*Boston Proper

Received this maxi dress, but I need to exchange it for a smaller size:
Ocean getaway maxi dress*|*Boston Proper

Same deal with this sweater...it's too big, so I'm going to exchange it for a smaller size:
Sparkle me pink cardigan*|*Boston Proper

Other things on my list:
*white jeans (straight legs & skinnys)
*dress shorts
*more dresses!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:22 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Ooh, I like those mystique sandals, also the wedges they have on their site! Are they a decent quality?

For some reason Boston Proper sends me catalogs constantly, though I have never purchased anything from them. What do you think of their quality and sizing?

The sandals are supposed to come today, so I'll keep you posted on the quality, but they did come highly recommended by a bunch girls on another msgbrd that I belong to. I love the looks of their sandals and the pairs I purchased were some of the first available in my size (12.) In past years, they've only made up to an 11...which killed me because I could only look and drool.

I've been getting the BP catalog for ages too. This was my first time ordering from them. I've only received 2 items from them so far and the quality isn't bad, but my expectations weren't high. I'd consider the stuff 1-2 season items, not long term. They definitely run large!!! (And I followed their sizing charts.) I ordered the sweater in a medium and it's big on me. At my size, there's no way in heck I should wear a small...in anything. LOL I'm supposed to be receiving another dress at the end of this week, so we'll see how that fits considering the other dress literally fell off of me.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:34 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times
Women's Clothing and Unique Jewelry | Robert Redford's Sundance Catalog has some fun stuff. And I love reading this: http://www.jpeterman.com/!nkycHNGa5X45teMntrR1Mg!/

Love this dress... but I have no idea when I'd ever actually wear it! Portrait Collar Dress > Dresses, caftans & ensembles | The J. Peterman Company (http://www.jpeterman.com/Spring-2011/Portrait-Collar-Dress - broken link)

Old 04-04-2011, 11:19 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Women's Clothing and Unique Jewelry | Robert Redford's Sundance Catalog has some fun stuff. And I love reading this: http://www.jpeterman.com/!nkycHNGa5X45teMntrR1Mg!/

Love this dress... but I have no idea when I'd ever actually wear it! Portrait Collar Dress > Dresses, caftans & ensembles | The J. Peterman Company (http://www.jpeterman.com/Spring-2011/Portrait-Collar-Dress - broken link)
You and I have the same (great) taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty