Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 PM

476 posts, read 1,133,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Some mornings it takes me a few outfits before I decide "this is it"...
This was my problem. I guess after wearing uniforms in high school and slumming it in college, I couldn't manage to quickly dress for ...any occasion and look decent. I read a blog post or really obscure article about it several yrs ago. Been at it ever since. There was an iphone app a couple years ago. I didn't need it and I've yet to meet anyone else who does this, so I assume it made zero dollars.

To the comments about laying out kids' clothes & selecting the wardrobe for the week...Each Sunday evening, my dad irons all his clothes for the upcoming week, hangs 'em in a separate closet and he's good to go. Pretty sure this precedes Clueless.... either nature or nurture gone awry.

Edit to Add: Hmmm, I embedded images of my green sweater permutation in the OP ...dunno what happened to 'em.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone else do this? Lookbooks.-sdc10282.jpg   Anyone else do this? Lookbooks.-sdc10286.jpg   Anyone else do this? Lookbooks.-sdc10304.jpg   Anyone else do this? Lookbooks.-sdc10300.jpg   Anyone else do this? Lookbooks.-sdc10299.jpg  

Anyone else do this? Lookbooks.-sdc10303.jpg  

Last edited by heavyweight; 04-11-2011 at 05:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Too much work! All this stuff is stored in my head.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:39 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,992,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
I am bad at dressing myself.

I don't care to pour energy into style every day....but I like to look put together. I was scrolling through this thread: Do you organize your closet by color
And I thought....I organize my closet on my laptop.

A simple example...couple weeks ago I bought a green sweater, took 10 minutes and made ~15 pairings from my closet. I do this with every piece I own (no accessories) because:
- Saves me a ton of time getting dressed.... I flip open my laptop, scroll and pick something. My boyfriend never has to wait on me.
- Got me past that "throw on whatever's clean" college phase.
- Once I decide a skirt and top match...I wear 'em together Every. Single. Time. A lookbook is diversification for the lazy or inept.
- Saves me from impulse buys. (I can access the photos from my phone.)
- I can actually see what's in my closet, without cleaning it out. I can easily track what I'm not wearing & donate it.

This is what works for me. Makes me feel like I have "a lot" of clothes/choices without being a clotheshorse. Forces me to make full use of my wardrobe. Curious if others do this?
I've never heard of "Lookbooks" or anything like it. Sounds cool. I'm guessing you take photos of your clothes and upload them to Lookbooks. Is that how it works? I also don't have a good sense of style when it comes to clothes.

Hey, I'm still in that college phase!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty