Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:24 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.
Ditto for thong underwear and g-strings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 09:10 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
is the OP referring to Leggings? those things are like underwear and almost like tights and should only be worn under long tops! c'mon ladies! do you not notice how sheer they get when you wear them? it really annoys me when I see people wearing "underwear" as "outerwear".

Old 04-18-2011, 12:06 AM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
is the OP referring to Leggings? those things are like underwear and almost like tights and should only be worn under long tops! c'mon ladies! do you not notice how sheer they get when you wear them? it really annoys me when I see people wearing "underwear" as "outerwear".
LOL, you need to go over to the "fashions I hate" thread.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, you need to go over to the "fashions I hate" thread.
lol, I don't hate leggings, in fact I love them and I wear them under shorts for the gym or under long blouses or dresses if I don't feel like wearing tights. they're just not worn right by most women, as they're not meant to be pants!

Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
There is nothing at all wrong with wearing tights out. I see scenes like this a LOT running through my neighborhood, inside of Starbucks or roaming the aisles and reading books at Barnes and Nobel.

There is nothing wrong with this. Its comfortable for running, and the first pic above, the tights actually have muscle support strips sewn into it. I wear those when I go running because they actually help improve my 5k time.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:15 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
lol, I don't hate leggings, in fact I love them and I wear them under shorts for the gym or under long blouses or dresses if I don't feel like wearing tights. they're just not worn right by most women, as they're not meant to be pants!
Must agree, noth'in wrong, when worn appropriately, why is only women see this!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
There is nothing at all wrong with wearing tights out. I see scenes like this a LOT running through my neighborhood, inside of Starbucks or roaming the aisles and reading books at Barnes and Nobel.
There is nothing wrong with this. Its comfortable for running, and the first pic above, the tights actually have muscle support strips sewn into it. I wear those when I go running because they actually help improve my 5k time.
And this is coming from a guy........this just might be why you don't mind!!

Old 04-18-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Must agree, noth'in wrong, when worn appropriately, why is only women see this!!
Ya! they're the best inventions ever! now i can wear shorts at the gym without everything out there for everyone to see when I stretch and jump! Plus it gives my summer clothes more mileage during the winter time! I just don't wear them as pants, cuz leggings are like underwear! I mean I can see my panties right through them in the correct lighting so I don't wear them as pants, ever! I can understand form fitting yoga pants (which I have), as those aren't meant to be underwear obviously.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:58 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
So many fine booties to look at!
Keep in mind that with the good, comes the bad.

And I've seen plenty of booty that would be better off if it were "corralled" under a draped spandex tent.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times
Quote:

Ok, so there has been some confusion about what I am talking about, different materials, etc.

I call spandex anything that is skin tight. WOrkout gear, or whatever, if I can see butt cheeks bouncing, it's spandex to me.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:30 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Keep in mind that with the good, comes the bad.

And I've seen plenty of booty that would be better off if it were "corralled" under a draped spandex tent.
Yes, I am aware of these creatures you speak of. Sometimes, I must walk up stairs under these mammoth booties. It's like one of those things were it is so horrible to look at, but I can not look away!

But overall, I still welcome it, as I see far more good than bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty