Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,808,514 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 04:11 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,248,849 times
I don't hate them but there was a short time in my 30's when I did go braless. My boobalas have always been small to medium and at the time my dress size was 4. Wearing one at home would be annoying but since the braless phase, I always wear one away from home. My posture is always very correct and it just doesn't feel that way without the bra holding those things in a firm position.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:48 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,757,421 times
@staggerlee

A bodacious woman like that comfortable in her own skin wearing the right sized bra is uncommon and a dream indeed. Most of the times they get told they are fat and just have to have a reduction in order to be acceptable in society. Just not being able to find 36J bras on any rack in most stores makes most women that size hate bras because they are almost always wearing the wrong size.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,740,035 times
You women should be thankful! Having big breasts and wearing beautiful bras and panties is a crossdresser's dream come true! Many crossdressers wish they had natural boobs!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:09 PM

455 posts, read 632,893 times
This thread is useless without pics !!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:21 PM

258 posts, read 450,511 times
Uh... I LOVE lacy, sexy bras! I have wayy too many though (my secret guilty pleasure). Could go a couple weeks without repeat wearing one. Although I admit push ups get uncomfortable, thankfully I don't wear a push up the majority of the time.

I agree with other posters who say you should get fitted again. Keep in mind though, Victoria Secret does the WORST fittings and their bra sizes actually tend to run small.

Try a fitting at Nordstroms, they tend to be the most accurate. Just like shoes, you'll just have to try them on Although I know VS has the Incredible bra that is supposed to fit exactly right, so it doesn't have any adjusting straps, etc. < if you're looking at that I'd advice going down a band size such as getting a 32 instead of 34.

Or maybe it's the underwire that bothers you... Test one out at those places like target where they have absolutely no padding or underwire, just white simple cheap bras.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:40 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,624,789 times
Only when I was younger and dating. Trying to remove a women's bra in the dark & crowded confines of a car when drunk was a real PITA.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:49 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,693,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I've always been extremely uncomfortable in bras- feels like a torture device I just can't wear them-Any suggestions on how to give the ladies a lift without a bra? Or if there's a bra that has no straps & can actually stay put, let me know where to get it... Thanks
You could try sports bras if you haven't done so already.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:46 PM

538 posts, read 1,521,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnella View Post
Keep in mind though, Victoria Secret does the WORST fittings and their bra sizes actually tend to run small.
Ah, so true. A friend of mine was fitted at two upscales stores and she was a 32b. Vicki's fitted her as a 34D. So she tried on a 34D...way too big. Ended up buying a 34C that fit tightly, but still her other bras are 32b and fit perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Only when I was younger and dating. Trying to remove a women's bra in the dark & crowded confines of a car when drunk was a real PITA.
I won my wife over by removing her bra in the car, under a sweatshirt, in the dark, with one hand. She said she only heard of guys who could do that, but never experienced it before.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:18 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
To "go free" or not should be strictly a personal choice. I am frankly upset at some of the judgmental posts in here. There is no medical necessity to wear a bra, it is a fairly recent invention. Reading through all these posts, obviously some women love bras and love wearing them, others of us not so much. In recent years I have mostly given up wearing them, I don't work outside the home and live in a hot climate, and am so INCREDIBLY more comfortable without. I am however, somewhat modest and wear them under any type of possibly revealing clothing. I do try as much as possible to wear clothes that either have built in support/coverage, or are easily covered up with vests or little jackets. At this stage of my life I feel I have earned the right to dress however I want and if anyone has a problem with that it's THEIR problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty