Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:45 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times

Advertisements

I've always been extremely uncomfortable in bras- feels like a torture device I just can't wear them-Any suggestions on how to give the ladies a lift without a bra? Or if there's a bra that has no straps & can actually stay put, let me know where to get it... Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 10:28 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,481,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I've always been extremely uncomfortable in bras- feels like a torture device I just can't wear them-Any suggestions on how to give the ladies a lift without a bra? Or if there's a bra that has no straps & can actually stay put, let me know where to get it... Thanks
I can't give you personal experience (bring a man), but I can make a suggestion.

I have heard from more than a few women that the solution to their bra problems was found at Nordstroms. Apparently, the bra fitting service in the lingerie department is somewhat legendary. Given the selection and quality that they'll carry, I am confident they'll have what you need.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:03 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
You need to find a department store or a lingerie store with a fitting service, especially the older ladies who've worked there for ages and can basically tell you your size on sight. A good fitting bra makes you look much better and you shouldn't notice it while you're wearing it at all.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:14 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,722 times
I don't think there is a woman out there that will jump up and say they like them, but they're a fact of life for the majority of women. I second the recommendation of going to a specialized lingerie store and being properly fitted. You'll more than likely come away shocked at what size you really should be wearing. I'm in NYC and there are some great speciality stores here. Some have been around for generations and from the minute you walk in, they can take a look at you and POOF guess your size. They will do proper measurements, but their guess is normally right. Pay the money, get a really good bra (one in black and one in nude), and you'll be set. Your clothes will look better, you'll stand taller, and you'll be more comfy (except for those couple of days a month we all have occassionally when you would happily take a pair of garden shears to hack the darn thing off!). Good luck.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:18 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
if you dont like them, dont wear them. wont bother me.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:25 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
if you dont like them, dont wear them. wont bother me.

And what's going to give her a lift - you?

Old 04-23-2011, 06:56 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
i hate buying them but hey we as women need them . I hate the cost of them too . Does any other lady hate the cost of them besides me ?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
I don't normally pay more than $20 for a bra so I can't really complain about the price. Considering I wear them almost every day, for several hours every day, and only own 2-4 at any given moment, I'd say I get my money's worth. The last one I bought was a couple weeks ago; it's an Olga Curvation minimizing sports-kind of thingie with stay-up straps, side supports, and underwire. The one before that was a Playtex underwire. I'm WAY too heavy-breasted to not wear a wire; I look horrible without them.

I'm so used to them I really don't give it much thought, except when one is wearing out and it's time to replace it. When you're big, and full/dense, you really need that kind of serious support, and it's actually much more comfortable with a bra on than with it off.

If I was like - a 34B or C, I probably wouldn't wear them as often. But at my size, it's necessary.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:07 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,883 times
I hate them b/c they are hard to find (in my size), but I love them because they make me comfortable. I usually buy bras from Kohl's, but I bought one from Dillards the other week. It fits like a charm. I will probably start buying more expensive bras from now on.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:25 PM

766 posts, read 1,395,152 times
biggerbras.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty