Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 06:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
But the brooch grandma passed on....
Which is where my friend got her brooches. MY grandmother. When Gma passed I asked G-- if she wanted a rememberance (they knew each other). Friend said, "Yes! Her brooches!" So they got passed on to a good home. (I kept a couple of my favorites. I'm generous, not dumb. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 08:40 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Although I don't own any fur and probably never will, I don't have any moral/ethical objections to it. As someone coming from that perspective, here's my opinon of that coat:

I'm not fond of full fur. I think fur -trim- is elegant looking, especially paired with satin-lined winter wool. A smartly tailored wool coat with a "sit split" in the back (allows you to sit/drive without sitting ON the coat), with a fur collar or cuffs can be really gorgeous. I'm more fond of sable than mink though. Tried some on when I lived near a fur shop in Boston once. They feel yummy.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:15 PM

265 posts, read 534,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Although I don't own any fur and probably never will, I don't have any moral/ethical objections to it. As someone coming from that perspective, here's my opinon of that coat:

I'm not fond of full fur. I think fur -trim- is elegant looking, especially paired with satin-lined winter wool. A smartly tailored wool coat with a "sit split" in the back (allows you to sit/drive without sitting ON the coat), with a fur collar or cuffs can be really gorgeous. I'm more fond of sable than mink though. Tried some on when I lived near a fur shop in Boston once. They feel yummy.
Thanks, my mom just said the same thing about preferring the wool/fur trim combo

Old 05-01-2011, 04:56 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,153,706 times
Pretty coat. I like it. If you like it and can afford it easily, BUY it!

Old 05-01-2011, 07:57 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
That coat reeks of ostentation.
Who wears real fur anymore besides the blue-haired set?
My sister, for one. I assure you, there is an entire crowd of fur-wearing people well under the "blue-haired set" age.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSLITTLE View Post
I think it looks nice but when do you ever see people wearing fur anymore.
Walk around NYC during the holidays.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepwater88 View Post
Yeah I know! I can see objectively fur is clearly not popular with the masses but there is something so whimsical about a full length fur, atleast to me. It would look absurd the more I think about it being worn anywhere near a college campus. But to a real nice formal event? Heck yea! I think this one is more stylish and 'modern'-ofcourse I would NEVER spend this much but would get a FAUX fur coat in this style.

Henig Furs :: Blackglama Female Mink Coat w/ Wing Collar & Rollback Cuffs
I've tried on a full length Blackgama mink. I didn't even like mink coats until I tried that thing on. It was beyond gorgeous.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 AM

265 posts, read 534,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I've tried on a full length Blackgama mink. I didn't even like mink coats until I tried that thing on. It was beyond gorgeous.
Aww good for you! Yeah, despite anyones hang ups over fur it can not be denied that the blackglama i just posted isn't beautiful!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
wow, what a beautiful coat! It kind of looks like a coat my mom has that cost her 1,000 back in the 80's!

Either way, I agree with Jordan..as I sit here trying to figure out how to pay for school (since I just got accepted to the UofA), I'm think your 4,500 dollars could go towards a year of rent for me while I attend school since my grants will cover enough to pay tuition but no living expenses.
Mir, you are too funny! Is rent really that cheap where you are? $4,500 would cover about 4 months (maybe) of rent where I am in NJ. I say that the OP should instead give me the $4,500 (and not buy the nice mink coat) so I can move where the jobs I'm looking for are! NJ is just too expensive to live in!

Old 05-04-2011, 03:52 PM

31 posts, read 35,283 times
Sorry, I don't like fur. Fur should stay only on animals.

Last edited by JustJulia; 05-04-2011 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: Removed link. No advertising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty