Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 05:18 PM

54 posts, read 155,380 times

Advertisements

I definitely think that we (North Americans) should be more accepting of the human body. I mean people act like their children catch a glimpse of Janet Jackson's nipple was some sort of deeply traumatic event, but at the same time they have no problem when their kids see violence and murder on TV. That's backwards and absurd.

Having said that though, it's just more practical to wear clothes the vast majority of the time. Whether it's to keep my body warm, or shielded from the sun, or protected from a hot oil splash while cooking. Would you really want to be a guest in someone's home knowing that their raw sweaty a$$ had been rubbed all over every surface?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 05:38 PM

661 posts, read 1,250,741 times
I've been to a few nude beaches (Why do some people have to jog there?). When I had 65 acres there were a few times I sunbathed at the edge of the cornfield, so what. It was "interesting" to put on boots and nothing else in early May, before the bugs and wander the wood lot.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
When I was a kid we used to go to this place in SoCal that had natural hot springs. You can imagine the excitement my siblings and I had when we found there was a nudist camp on the other side of the hill. Of course at the first available opportunity we ditched our parents and started hiking through the brush to go take a peek. All of us were too excited to remember all the lessons we'd had about identifying poison oak.

My brother got a rash that didn't go away for three weeks.

And the nudies we saw were, quite frankly, one big disappointment. None of us had any idea the human body could hang that low.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
The sun feels great on your skin! I absolutely will given the appropriate time and place.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:46 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
Being naked and outside can be one of the most spiritual, soul-feeding experiences we can have. It's in our DNA!
Fortunately, my new wife and I just purchased a home in a country clube-type community south of Austin which has a fully-enclosed, 1/2 acre backyard with a pool and an english garden. The weather here has been in the low 90's for the past week--till today--and so lately we've spent a lot of time frolicking naked out back.
I feel like Daniel Day Lewis in "Last of the Mohicans." It's great!

Old 05-02-2011, 03:35 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
I'm a fan. I don't care what people look like either. I have seen some of the cutest elderly couples on nude beaches in the Caribbean. As others have said, don't knock it until you try it!

Old 05-03-2011, 08:21 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
I used to love to going to naked beaches, and laying in the sun like that, it just feels good, plain and simple and swimming naked feels great also. But I just don't get to do that much anymore..

oh well...........

Old 05-03-2011, 04:42 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
My one experience with a nudist beach was very disappointing. In the late 90's my college friends and I went to Black's Beach in San Diego thinking there would be some cute nude girls we could check out while the hard reality was about 1/3rd of the people were couples over 60, another 1/3rd were gay men, while most of the rest were college guys who must have creeped the younger women off the beach because other then handful of cougars in their 40's there wasn't a female in sight below 60. Talk about a bust.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Yes, Amanda, I am with you....except I am moving into a townhome to downsize, it has an inner atrium, a 12x12 area surrounded by interior walls, but open to air, no roof or ceiling....and I can't wait to
enjoy being in the buff in my own private little outdoor spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Once in a while I'll sunbathe topless in the backyard. My fence is high enough so that I dont' have to worry about being spied on.

I don't think I'd ever be comfortable enough to be a nudist though. The closest I'll ever get, aside from the occasional topless sunbathing in the backyard, is wearing a bikini or a bare-midriff shirt.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:57 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,413,388 times
Oerdin, I can't tell if your post was meant to be ironic or not. You went there with your college friends to eye the chicks, and found that there were a lot of "college guys who must have creeped the younger women off the beach"? Well bwahahaha to that. Make nudism into a spectator sport, and you guarantee there'll be nothing to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty