Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:29 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_mama1 View Post
uhm well actually my husband shaves and honey he couldnt be farther from being gay
and actually you would be very surprised at how many male athletes and celebrities that you probably admire do it as well
Tim Mcgraw,Toby Keith,Tom Brady,Ben Affleck,all the wrestlers and MMA fighters to name a few and I dont think they are gay
so check your facts next time you want to assume things
Gee golly if Ben Afleck shaves his body I'm going to do it too!!!!

I can see MMA fighters, with all the grapling and stuff I imagine hair could get pulled if you had a lot of body hair. Plus I imagine being hairless makes you more slippery so can slip out of holds and stuff.

I actually am surprised by Toby Keith if that's true as he tries to portray an image of a mans man.

You know who doesn't shave their body? Brad Paisley, go listen to the song "Still A Guy."

Were all adults on here, odd you think we are going to be swayed into doing something because some celeb does it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 11:03 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
IDo you think men will start shaving all over like women?
I seriously doubt it. However, I know that just about every man on the planet will do most things to get women to sleep with them. If they find a woman who likes the hairless bodied Disney hero look then they'll head straight for the nearest waxer hoping that it'll help them get laid.

I myself am "closely groomed" if you know what I mean. The wife prefers playing on the green instead of the rough (golf terms).

Old 05-12-2011, 11:17 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,196,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I seriously doubt it. However, I know that just about every man on the planet will do most things to get women to sleep with them. If they find a woman who likes the hairless bodied Disney hero look then they'll head straight for the nearest waxer hoping that it'll help them get laid.

I myself am "closely groomed" if you know what I mean. The wife prefers playing on the green instead of the rough (golf terms).
I don't know the difference between the green, and the rough, but men are doing themselves a favor if they keep themselves well trimmed. They don't have to shave to bare, but most women are not fans of thick course body hair, especially on a man's back, we don't want to get lost in it. There is nothing unmanly about taking care of your body, men shower, and clip their nails, don't they? It's called grooming, and most women appreciate when you do some of it. There are a few women who really dig a lot of body hair, but they are in the minority, and they will let you know if they want you to grow it out.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I don't know the difference between the green, and the rough, but men are doing themselves a favor if they keep themselves well trimmed. They don't have to shave to bare, but most women are not fans of thick course body hair, especially on a man's back, we don't want to get lost in it. There is nothing unmanly about taking care of your body, men shower, and clip their nails, don't they? It's called grooming, and most women appreciate when you do some of it. There are a few women who really dig a lot of body hair, but they are in the minority, and they will let you know if they want you to grow it out.
I agree. I must admit, I do the occasional mani/pedi (without polish). My wife always want me to go with her when she gets hers done.

What I mean by "the green" is that I am very neatly trimmed and well groomed in the nether regions. Personal appearance and grooming is VERY important.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I agree. I must admit, I do the occasional mani/pedi (without polish). My wife always want me to go with her when she gets hers done.

What I mean by "the green" is that I am very neatly trimmed and well groomed in the nether regions. Personal appearance and grooming is VERY important.
Most women are going to appreciate "the green." If a man is grooming himself to get more sex from women, no one is going to think he's gay.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:11 AM

23,211 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I agree. Men that shave their bodies are trying to become women. They must be gay.
I did massage for a number of years, and over the years, I saw more and more shaved bodies of men on my table and they weren't Gay, many of their wives urged them to do it.

The south area, shaved, becomes more sensitive to any kind of touch and it can enhance the sensations during sex.

I've been shaving for 25 years now, once a week, and when I see a hairy body now I think: How kinky!

Men who shave their bodies trying to become women? Oh please! Maybe they're trying for that delicious Asian look! I remember all too well picking up some male prostitutes in Bangkok, hardly a single hair on that satin skin of theirs! Wildly smooth and sumptuous!

Old 05-13-2011, 01:18 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,730,784 times
I do a bit of "manscaping" to keep the ladies happy. I just mow it down a bit, though; I don't get rid of all of it.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:01 AM

285 posts, read 927,337 times
I'm a full body groomer, have been grooming for the past few years. My wife likes it, I prefer it... Infuence? none! I made my decision on my own.
I'm not a bit concerned of public opinions or what people think, I refuse to judge people on appearence and would like to get to know them first.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:54 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,138,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
It's true, most people don't really need deodorant. The times it's a good idea to wear a deodorant, are if you are going to have very stressful experience like a job interview, because the sweat that comes from stress tends to smell much more quickly than heat sweating, a deodorant will help you smell better at those times.
I wish that was true for me. Lady Speed Stick stopped working for me, then Ban Clear, then Secret Sheer Dry quit on me too. I used to use crystal deo, but that wasn't potent enough. Now, I have to use Certain Dry AM. It's hard to wash off, but it's the only one that works for me. My left pit stinks worse than the right one. In some foreign countries, there is cosmetic surgery to remove the armpit stink glands. I wish it was available in U.S., but I guess the deodorant companies won't stand for it.

Back on topic, I love hairy chests on men, but a smooth back.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
I wish that was true for me. Lady Speed Stick stopped working for me, then Ban Clear, then Secret Sheer Dry quit on me too. I used to use crystal deo, but that wasn't potent enough. Now, I have to use Certain Dry AM. It's hard to wash off, but it's the only one that works for me. My left pit stinks worse than the right one. In some foreign countries, there is cosmetic surgery to remove the armpit stink glands. I wish it was available in U.S., but I guess the deodorant companies won't stand for it.

Back on topic, I love hairy chests on men, but a smooth back.
Some people do have a medical issue, that's a different situation. I've heard Botox helps.

I also prefer a smooth back, I think most women do, even if they like chest hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty