Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Barefaced Or Made-up? What does your s.o. like?
Barefaced 13 59.09%
Made-Up 6 27.27%
Yes, I like what the s.o. likes too 9 40.91%
No, I like opposite of what the s.o. likes 4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 12:23 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,321,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I guess I am the only one so far that likes the opposite.

I barely wear make-up usually and we went to a mother's day breakfast with his family and I just washed my face and went. He said he hates that I cover up my skin with makeup because its "so nice". And then I tried to get an answer out of him to as why the make-up looked bad. Which the only answer I got was that it covers up my skin. LOL

I don't cake it on like a clown but grrrr...I get so annoyed when guys can't answer girly questions or are afraid to. LOL I even asked him if I looked dry, like a clown, like a tranny, like its the wrong color,scent...lol
Its none of those so WHAT IS IT? Anyone?

And now they flip of that is there is this deep red lipstick I wear that makes him go crazy. Mixed signals?

I kinda think lipstick looks off/wrong without having foundation on but he doesn't.
Now, when you say 'crazy'...

Doesn't sound like mixed signals at all. Sounds rather clear to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 12:33 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,129,284 times
As a guy, I like the natural you-can't-tell made up look. Girls are pretty in general, but no face is perfect. Many are almost perfect. The natural makeup hides the flaws and gives the perfect look everyone wants. It's all good from here.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 PM

860 posts, read 2,715,668 times
My husband likes both. He appreciates the smoky eyes when I take the time to do them before a date, and he likes the fresh out of the shower look. It seems to put him in the mood!
I think what men do NOT like is visible foundation and gloppy lipstick. Dark red lipstick on a nearly bare face is sexy!

Old 05-09-2011, 01:38 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,295,747 times
My husband likes make-up, though he prefers it a little more subdued than what I wear. But it wouldn't bother him if I decided to forego it altogether. However, to suddenly go au natural all the time is not "me", so that's not likely to ever happen. Even on my days off I often dab on a little color on my lips.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:04 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,414,137 times
My wife doesn't use cosmetics and I know she doesn't, because (apart from the fact that she says so) there aren't any in the house. I don't see what she could improve if she used the stuff, anyway. She looks fine to me.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:38 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times
I don't know what my husband prefers...he has never said and I have never asked.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,900 times
He likes made up and I think I look better made up.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:14 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
My so doesn't care lol...I think it depends on what is appropriate for the event. When I wear evening makeup he compliments me just as when I barely wear any to the gym.
This is pretty much how I feel about Mrs. Lao. I think she's super beautiful when she wakes up with plain face, and makeup never makes her less attracive either. Sometimes, when I know she's not wearing any makeup, I'll tell her "Why are you still wearing makeup?" or "Did you fall asleep with your makeup still on?".

Old 05-10-2011, 12:31 PM

538 posts, read 1,521,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I barely wear make-up usually and we went to a mother's day breakfast with his family and I just washed my face and went. He said he hates that I cover up my skin with makeup because its "so nice". And then I tried to get an answer out of him to as why the make-up looked bad. Which the only answer I got was that it covers up my skin. LOL

I don't cake it on like a clown but grrrr...I get so annoyed when guys can't answer girly questions or are afraid to. LOL I even asked him if I looked dry, like a clown, like a tranny, like its the wrong color,scent...lol
Its none of those so WHAT IS IT? Anyone?
Wait. What? He answered your question clearly and directly, yet you are upset that he didn't answer your question?

His answer to you is extremely flattering and you just rush right by it.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:34 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,709,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
Wait. What? He answered your question clearly and directly, yet you are upset that he didn't answer your question?

His answer to you is extremely flattering and you just rush right by it.
I just wanted to make sure I was not sporting clown town make-up. Someone elses eyes can see things that mine may of missed.

Hearing why's is just what I need. If someone was suggested by me that one thing was more flattering than the other thing I could tell them exactly why.
Also my skin is not that nice. It gets blotchy sometimes, breaks out sometimes and thank goodness for foundation then!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty