Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think it is possible for me to be a 9 or 10 in terms of looks?
Oh but you are a 9 or 10 in terms of looks 1 33.33%
You are close, you are getting there, work on it and you will make it 2 66.67%
LOL you have a lot of work to do to get there, better get to it 0 0%
Sorry, not gonna happen, maybe a 7 or 8 but not a 9 or 10 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:15 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

I think you're very cute, and with a little "manscaping," you could be even better! But looks aren't everything, of course, and all women/men will have their own opinions... so really it's most important how YOU feel about yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 07:41 AM

97 posts, read 145,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I think you're very cute, and with a little "manscaping," you could be even better! But looks aren't everything, of course, and all women/men will have their own opinions... so really it's most important how YOU feel about yourself.
I swear you Bay Area people are the nicest, don't know what makes you guys that way.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:50 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
You look adorable...that messy hair looks like you should be getting tucked in with your teddy bear.

Seriously, though, quit worrying about the number thing. Are you actually rating every woman you see on a 1-10 scale? It's not realistic. Women don't do that either, we're more likely to focus on one thing we especially like. When I met my husband, it was his hands that I first noticed were sexy. He's changed over the years and looks nothing like he did at 21, so if I was just attracted to his looks at that point in time, I might feel unhappy (although he's gotten much sexier with age)...but there's so much more to what makes a person attractive than just physical appearance. I think women especially feel like that. An average looking man with a wonderful personality, a lot of self-confidence, and (for money oriented women) a steady job, is much more appealing than a gorgeous but terribly conceited man who chases everything in a skirt and thinks his looks entitle him to anything he wants.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:10 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
I think you are ugly.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:17 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
AlGreen, you must be a very unhappy person to post such ugliness.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:26 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,387 times
Youre not a bad looking guy at all... Do you really want to be considered pretty though? If I was a man, I wouldnt want to be considered a pretty boy but some guys do so to each his own I guess

Seriously though, you are attractive on the outside but you should worry more about how attractive you are on the inside. You cant expect anybody else to love you until you love yourself. The more happy you are with yourself, the more attractive you become because your confidence and self esteem are given a boost and you project who you truly are.
Another way to look at it is...if you were in a car accident, fire, etc where your outer looks were disfigured and taken away......would you still be an attractive person? Theres ALOT more to a person then just their physical looks.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDude1 View Post
Okay, before you open the link I am about to give you please beware, I am not really the prettiest guy in the world. I am 18 years old (just turned 18), I didn't have the best parents (they are good people but some of the stuff they did was really harmful to my health), and I grew up in an area with not a lot to do.

Here is how I look like now. Not the best and maybe a little below average but I am 18. Do you think I can bloom into a good looking guy or would I be able to be average at best?
You're already a good looking guy. Forget about the numbers (9 or 10 looks)...you need to realize that such ratings are going to be completely different based on each individual that is judging. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes...so stop with the ratings game. You are fine looking as is...perhaps tone that wild hair down a bit though.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:52 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
AlGreen, you must be a very unhappy person to post such ugliness.
I'm just messing with the guy. Who cares what we think? It sounds cliche, but it truly is what's on the inside that counts...on a message board anyway.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:57 PM

97 posts, read 145,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
I think you are ugly.
awwwww

Old 05-16-2011, 05:03 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Who cares what we think?

People who ask questions care. "Messing" with someone is ok under certain circumstances. But this young man asked the question in earnest and deserved an honest answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty