U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Yes 28 16.09%
No 146 83.91%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 02:49 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,116,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
Shes an overweight white woman besides you dont watch Honey Boo Boo
There maybe more Caucasians overweight because the USA population is higher for them. Percentage wise, it is Blacks though.

Look at the life span for both races.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-01-2012, 05:44 PM

19,059 posts, read 23,660,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
There maybe more Caucasians overweight because the USA population is higher for them. Percentage wise, it is Blacks though.

Look at the life span for both races.
I posted what the actual percentages were. Post a link if you have alternate information, otherwise it's likely you are just trolling.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:38 PM

521 posts, read 700,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually, what is true is that the OVERWHELMING majority of the "unsavory" comments on this entire site comes from one direction....but I guess it goes unnoticed depending on one's own perspective. Had this thread been created about ANY other "types of people" it wouldn't have gotten past two pages before being shut down due to racist comments. But it is obvious that anyone can say any nasty thing that their little hearts desire about Black people.

The more things change...the more they stay the same.
Umkay. Now you are sounding very angry and bitter.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:42 PM

6,472 posts, read 15,296,368 times
*cough* I just wanted to say...this thread is useless w/o pictures.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:46 PM

561 posts, read 1,050,159 times
Im black and I have to say European men are so insanely gorgeous I cant stand it! Even Japanese men from (18-35) oh my god!! I love black men dont get me wrong , but man those two groups take the cake.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:24 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,375,994 times
Personally, I believe both Black men and Black women are the most physically attractive period. Hands down, regardless of what country and culture they are from. That is just my core belief in regards to beauty and style. I believe Black children are the most beautiful as well. No one will ever change my thinking on this. I do find it odd that a Japanese man is so interested in the attractiveness levels of Black men and women. I am pretty sure that he know just how to stir up "controversy" in order to sell is so called "findings". Follow the money trail. In the U.S. degrading the image of Black women in a sure money maker. This is why the article was published in a major American journal. Many are profiting from the defamation right now, so the results of his so called "study" don't surprise me. Again, Black men and women are attractive period. Despite all of this negative nonsense on City-Data about Black people, none of the Black men and women I know have any problems attracting people. They attract both Black and non-Black people. Its just not an issue. I think the Japanese man needs to focus on his own racial group. Maybe he needs to do a study about why almost 50% of Asian women in the U.S. are married to non-Asian men, specifically to White men.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 PM

25,434 posts, read 17,882,752 times
I'm surprised this post hasn't been shut down but considering the variation in what constitutes a black or white person is as diverse as it gets, you can't really assign physical stereo types. If I only watched rap videos I would think all black women have big butts. I know so many non over weight black women with little butts I know that bird doesn't fly. Same can be said of almost any other stereo type wrt to black and white people. Too much variation and mixing in these two groups to assign stereotypes. Even if you go to Africa and Europe you will find entire countries that invalidate stereotypes.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:57 PM

445 posts, read 801,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Personally, I believe both Black men and Black women are the most physically attractive period. Hands down, regardless of what country and culture they are from. That is just my core belief in regards to beauty and style. I believe Black children are the most beautiful as well. No one will ever change my thinking on this. I do find it odd that a Japanese man is so interested in the attractiveness levels of Black men and women. I am pretty sure that he know just how to stir up "controversy" in order to sell is so called "findings". Follow the money trail. In the U.S. degrading the image of Black women in a sure money maker. This is why the article was published in a major American journal. Many are profiting from the defamation right now, so the results of his so called "study" don't surprise me. Again, Black men and women are attractive period. Despite all of this negative nonsense on City-Data about Black people, none of the Black men and women I know have any problems attracting people. They attract both Black and non-Black people. Its just not an issue. I think the Japanese man needs to focus on his own racial group. Maybe he needs to do a study about why almost 50% of Asian women in the U.S. are married to non-Asian men, specifically to White men.
This study might really help him and "his brothers".

Old 11-03-2012, 02:45 PM

1,093 posts, read 2,480,053 times
Speaking of stereotypes, there is a certain other myth about black men that I have been bitterly disappointed to find out was just that - a myth.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:28 PM

60,226 posts, read 48,645,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Speaking of stereotypes, there is a certain other myth about black men that I have been bitterly disappointed to find out was just that - a myth.
I take it that in light of this discovery, you are going to debunk another myth - that catchy little two-line rhyme that people throw out when they hear about someone dating someone who is African American...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.