Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Yes 28 16.09%
No 146 83.91%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 02:32 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,841,885 times

Advertisements

The greatest thing about black women is their confidence and awareness of self-worth. Society continues to put them down, but they keep their chin up. Simply put, most black women know their value and could care less what anyone has to say about them.

...to a real man, that's sexier than anything society tells us to find attractive.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:50 PM

950 posts, read 1,514,557 times
What is the race of the 7 women who said yes ? Are most of them Black ?

Old 05-22-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
What is the race of the 7 women who said yes ? Are most of them Black ?
What does it matter?

Old 05-22-2011, 03:09 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,681,619 times
i think it matters whether they asked women who find members of any race somewhat attractive or just women who find only members of their own race attractive.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:36 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
The OP's titling of this thread along with the actual subject of the link are totally off. The article posted has to do with Black women being less attractive than other races. There is only a very tiny small portion of the artcle that says anything about black men being more attractive.

With that being said, I have to say that when you find beautiful/sexy black women, they are typically just as or even MORE beautiful than women of other races. Im talking Halle Berry, Stacy Dash types. But, IMO, I agree with the professor who wrote the article. I personally find that most black women are not that attractive to me. Mostly its because of the hair, the attitudes, the weight, etc. But, I do LOVE my Serena Williams, Halle Berry, Tyra, and that black chick who won ANTM a couple years ago. Overall, I just think that if you take the average looking chicks from all races, I would probably find the black gal to be the less attractive of all the bunch. That is just me.
Halle Berry is probably about half African American, genetically. So she's as white as she is black! You probably aren't realising it but you're comparing these famous women with 100% African women...how many 'hot' African American women in the US are even 'full-blooded?' Come on, name even one?

Old 05-22-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Halle Berry is probably about half African American, genetically. So she's as white as she is black! You probably aren't realising it but you're comparing these famous women with 100% African women...how many 'hot' African American women in the US are even 'full-blooded?' Come on, name even one?
I know plenty of beautiful black women who are "full blooded" (which I'm assuming is another word for dark-skinned). Gabrielle Union is one of the first that comes to mind:

http://www.martinipink.com/wp-conten...le-union-2.jpg

...And if you think black women like her aren't the usual, you definitely need to get out more.

There's also Kenya Moore:

http://www.themusicgroupagency.com/A...OORE%20PIC.jpg

...no offense, but I can't think of too many non-black women I find more attractive than her.

Your blatant disrespect and disregard for human beings is rather sick, but I have no choice but accept it. You're so incredibly shallow as to believe that everyone should stand in awe of "white" features that I pity you.

How "hot" are you, exactly?

Old 05-22-2011, 08:20 PM

874 posts, read 1,647,934 times
? In a majority? I'm white but I don't know how he gets his facts, or if he's just opinionated which is more of what a girl would do... is the arthor a girl? lol I don't mind if he thinks they truely are, but it's more of what you like and prefer. For example, I prefer women who have near the same skin tone as me.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:31 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
I know plenty of beautiful black women who are "full blooded" (which I'm assuming is another word for dark-skinned). Gabrielle Union is one of the first that comes to mind:

...And if you think black women like her aren't the usual, you definitely need to get out more.

...no offense, but I can't think of too many non-black women I find more attractive than her.

Your blatant disrespect and disregard for human beings is rather sick, but I have no choice but accept it. You're so incredibly shallow as to believe that everyone should stand in awe of "white" features that I pity you.

Pasty white dude here.

I thought that those two women were beauitful... I've always liked Gabby.........

Old 05-22-2011, 08:42 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,808,514 times
Must be borrrrrrrrrrrrred to start such a pointless thread.
What are u gonna do with the info you got?
huh?
let us know.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:24 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post

I agree Kenya is stunning, but sorry she definitely has some white in her. The first one possibly has some too.

I hope you didn't misunderstand my post. I was not saying I think pure African women are not attractive, but that I can't name one famous pure black woman whom is considered a 'sex symbol' by people. Serena and Venus William are two that come to mind, and they aren't ever thought of in the same category as Alicia Keys or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.