U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: ....
Yes 28 16.09%
No 146 83.91%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-26-2011, 09:27 AM
 
Location: 60630
13,521 posts, read 20,108,174 times
Reputation: 13214

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Face Palm after face palm in this thread lol.

But black women far exceed any other type of women imo. Especially whites and asians. They lack the bodies required to compete, things that come naturally to blacks are often missing in white women
I bet if you went to Africa, your average black women will not look anything like these girls. I m not saying that they are not attractive, but true native, non mixed Africans do not look like these girls.

NONE OF THESES WOMEN ARE MIXED BTW
BEHOLD









Do you know these women personally? Because you seem to know for a fact they are not mixed with anything.
You say that what they have, white or Asians don;t. Well, let see. Lets start with the hair. They all ( the girls on your picture ) wear wigs or weaves , right? So that is not natural like white or Asians hairs?

Personally, i don;t care. All races have attractive people. Thats the only true fact there is!
Rate this post positively

 
Old 05-26-2011, 09:33 AM
 
Location: America
5,098 posts, read 8,130,011 times
Reputation: 1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Do you know these women personally? Because you seem to know for a fact they are not mixed with anything.
You say that what they have, white or Asians don;t. Well, let see. Lets start with the hair. They all ( the girls on your picture ) wear wigs or weaves , right? So that is not natural like white or Asians hairs?

Personally, i don;t care. All races have attractive people. Thats the only true fact there is!
Well it actually looks like only one or two of them might be wearing weave. Either way, I'm not sure where KONY was going with that, because it's quite clear that most of these women are mixed. Does that make them more attractive? No. I can think of plenty of darker skinned women with shorter hair that I find more sexually appealing.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-26-2011, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,661 posts, read 36,271,696 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Do you know these women personally? Because you seem to know for a fact they are not mixed with anything.
You say that what they have, white or Asians don;t. Well, let see. Lets start with the hair. They all ( the girls on your picture ) wear wigs or weaves , right? So that is not natural like white or Asians hairs?

Personally, i don;t care. All races have attractive people. Thats the only true fact there is!
It's pretty obvious that they are all mixed. But that is irrelevant. Anyone who ascribes aesthetic values to entire races of people is just as idiotic. There are beautiful people in every race, and less attractive ones as well.

Last edited by JustJulia; 05-27-2011 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: Removed reference to deleted comment.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-26-2011, 11:49 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
18,259 posts, read 20,842,576 times
Reputation: 19593
The majority of African Americans have some measure of non-African ancestry. Vanessa Williams (who is of lighter complexion) has two Black parents. And Don Cheadle (who is very dark skinned) was discovered to have 19% European ancestry when his DNA admixture was tested for the PBS program.

However, none of this matters as far as attractiveness. I have seen very unattractive and fat White women who are missing teeth. I have seen extremely beautiful dark skin African women who had the body of a goddess. And I have seen beautiful men and women from every race/ethnicity/and mixture every where in between.

Eurocentric standards of beauty may have been the final word of attractiveness in 1940 but this is 2011 and beauty is not solely defined by straight blonde hair/blue eyes/waif thin women any longer. And this outdated notion of attractiveness and it is not the ideal that every woman is seeking to fulfill.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-26-2011, 05:06 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 5,658,738 times
Reputation: 1151
Lol if anything its pretty clear,that all who said they were mixed, know nothing about black people whatsoever. Theres plenty of women in the black community who are lighter than any of those girls and have both black parents. Theres cousins in my family that look mixed and are lighter than all of them combined

Just so you know, in the black community there are light skin people and there are darkskin people. Being lightskin does not equate to being mixed. None of those girls are mixed.SMH

To prove my point heres an example of black women that are light but have black parents

Moderator cut: Please link to copyrighted photos instead of posting them here.

All black no mix. LOL And better looking and lighter than the other non-mixed girls i posted

Last edited by JustJulia; 05-27-2011 at 08:08 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-26-2011, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,661 posts, read 36,271,696 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Lol if anything its pretty clear,that all who said they were mixed, know nothing about black people whatsoever. Theres plenty of women in the black community who are lighter than any of those girls and have both black parents. Theres cousins in my family that look mixed and are lighter than all of them combined

Just so you know, in the black community there are light skin people and there are darkskin people. Being lightskin does not equate to being mixed. None of those girls are mixed.SMH

To prove my point heres an example of black women that are light but have black parents





All black no mix. LOL And better looking and lighter than the other non-mixed girls i posted
So I guess Vanessa Williams isn't mixed either, right? Where does their light skin come from? Morocco?

Dude.......these women are light because they are mixed. None of these women look like West Africans, but they are all called "black" because they are partially/mostly of West African descent. African Diaspora women come in all colors because African Diaspora women are mixed in various quantities with African, European, Native and even Asian. That's the facts. All are fine nonetheless, whether they are 2% African or 98% African.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-26-2011, 07:19 PM
 
Location: America
5,098 posts, read 8,130,011 times
Reputation: 1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Lol if anything its pretty clear,that all who said they were mixed, know nothing about black people whatsoever. Theres plenty of women in the black community who are lighter than any of those girls and have both black parents. Theres cousins in my family that look mixed and are lighter than all of them combined

Just so you know, in the black community there are light skin people and there are darkskin people. Being lightskin does not equate to being mixed. None of those girls are mixed.SMH

To prove my point heres an example of black women that are light but have black parents





All black no mix. LOL And better looking and lighter than the other non-mixed girls i posted
Mixed doesn't necessarily mean biracial. It just means that individual possesses an evident amount of non-black blood.

And how do you know that none of these women are biracial anyway? Do you know them personally?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-26-2011, 07:41 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,682 posts, read 50,531,164 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Lol if anything its pretty clear,that all who said they were mixed, know nothing about black people whatsoever. Theres plenty of women in the black community who are lighter than any of those girls and have both black parents. Theres cousins in my family that look mixed and are lighter than all of them combined

Just so you know, in the black community there are light skin people and there are darkskin people. Being lightskin does not equate to being mixed. None of those girls are mixed.SMH

To prove my point heres an example of black women that are light but have black parents





All black no mix. LOL And better looking and lighter than the other non-mixed girls i posted
Mate have you watched National Geographic lately? Have you seen any woman like the last one, or any of these, in Nigeria or the Ivory Coast? You're in denial if you don't believe they are mixed.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-26-2011, 07:42 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 5,658,738 times
Reputation: 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
So I guess Vanessa Williams isn't mixed either, right? Where does their light skin come from? Morocco?

Dude.......these women are light because they are mixed. None of these women look like West Africans, but they are all called "black" because they are partially/mostly of West African descent. African Diaspora women come in all colors because African Diaspora women are mixed in various quantities with African, European, Native and even Asian. That's the facts. All are fine nonetheless, whether they are 2% African or 98% African.
All black americans are mixed. Thats not the point, the point is both of her parents are black along with the other girls i've posted. People are getting african-black confused with american black. When i said mixed i meant half black half white,hispanic etc. None of those girls are that, they're just black americans. Since when were black americans fully west african

And the point that was made. Is that a black woman doesnt have to be half white,hispanic etc to be lightskinned or have straight hair. As it was implied
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-26-2011, 07:45 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
18,259 posts, read 20,842,576 times
Reputation: 19593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
So I guess Vanessa Williams isn't mixed either, right? Where does their light skin come from? Morocco?

Dude.......these women are light because they are mixed. None of these women look like West Africans, but they are all called "black" because they are partially/mostly of West African descent. African Diaspora women come in all colors because African Diaspora women are mixed in various quantities with African, European, Native and even Asian. That's the facts. All are fine nonetheless, whether they are 2% African or 98% African.
I don't think that he was saying that these women are of 100% African ancestry. "Mixed" to many people (including myself) denotes a non-Black parent which may not always be the case. Just as you can have a very brown skinned (or dark skinned) person who happens to have a non-Black parent; the singer Amerie and actress Tatyana Ali come to mind. You can also have light skinned people who have two Black (yet again not 100% African ancestry) parents such as Vanessa Williams or Colin Powell.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top