Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Yes 28 16.09%
No 146 83.91%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 07:42 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Who is she? What does this have to do with anything?
Shes an overweight white woman besides you dont watch Honey Boo Boo

Old 10-31-2012, 08:09 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
True but percentage wise it is AA's.
Prove to me that the majority of overweight Americans are African-Americans. If you can't do that, then I have no obligation to believe you.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Percentage wise it is the AA's though.
It's a little more complicated than that. As I'm understanding the link below, white males are more likely to be overweight than black males. Or at the very least on par. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Prove to me that the majority of overweight Americans are African-Americans. If you can't do that, then I have no obligation to believe you.
Here's "a" breakdown according to the US dept of health. Regardless of these small percentage differences, weight is an issue for most Americans.

Quote:
In 2005–2008, men had higher rates of overweight than women overall (71.4 versus 62.1 percent, respectively); this was only true, however, for non-Hispanic Whites and Hispanics other than Mexican Americans. Non-Hispanic Black women were more likely than non-Hispanic Black men to be overweight (76.3 versus 69.2 percent, respectively), while overweight among Mexican American women and men were not significantly different (72.3 and 75.3 percent, respectively). Non-Hispanic White women were least likely to be overweight (59.9 percent), compared to Hispanic, Mexican American and non-Hispanic Black women.
Overweight and Obesity - Women's Health USA 2010

Old 10-31-2012, 09:45 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,694,119 times
I love all races of men; I can see attractive men of all races. (I am gay). However, while I am attracted to pure African heritage men (i.e. Jamaicans, Haitians and West Africans) I find African Americans the least attractive. The ones I have encountered are usually overweight, and full of attitude. Like the world owes them something and white people are all evil.

Give me a Haitian refugee over an AA anyday

Old 10-31-2012, 10:15 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,903,939 times
I have encountered many AA men with hostile attitudes. I have met many gentlemen as well, but I have never encountered this type of hostility from other men. Generally, when an AA man hits on me and I politely say no thanks, I'm surprised if they don't say something rude to me in return. Afro-Latinos are completely different, and more attractive based solely on attitude and culture. If they hit on you, and you say "no thanks" there is still a good chance at friendship or at least having a friendly neighbor.

Also, an AA man who works in an office or has a profession is usually gentlemanly, I'm speaking of the one that walk around in ghetto clothing starring at people and cussing in public.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Folks are NEVER shy about posting nasty, negative comments about Black people. Not shy at all. But heaven forbid that anyone dares to say one negative thing about their people and all hell breaks loose.

The more things change...the more they stay the same.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Folks are NEVER shy about posting nasty, negative comments about Black people. Not shy at all. But heaven forbid that anyone dares to say one negative thing about their people and all hell breaks loose.

Sadly many are not shy about whatever direction they're coming from. Although, what we notice probably depends on our own perspective.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:55 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Actually, what is true is that the OVERWHELMING majority of the "unsavory" comments on this entire site comes from one direction....but I guess it goes unnoticed depending on one's own perspective. Had this thread been created about ANY other "types of people" it wouldn't have gotten past two pages before being shut down due to racist comments. But it is obvious that anyone can say any nasty thing that their little hearts desire about Black people.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:26 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,903,939 times
I just would like to say my comment was not about "black people" it was about a minority of AA men. I have lived in cities with large immigrant populations and have men black people from around the world.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually, what is true is that the OVERWHELMING majority of the "unsavory" comments on this entire site comes from one direction....but I guess it goes unnoticed depending on one's own perspective. Had this thread been created about ANY other "types of people" it wouldn't have gotten past two pages before being shut down due to racist comments. But it is obvious that anyone can say any nasty thing that their little hearts desire about Black people.

What I have noticed is black men trashing on black women as a norm in these types of threads; black women talking shyte about white women (they age poorly, general physical attacks) in other threads. I admit that I don't pay mch attention to other types of comments unless they are factually incorrect or absurd. One thing to keep in mind is to use the report button when you see something that is racist or inciting. Mods won't always agree, but they normally do for over the top, insulting remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.