Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 05:54 PM

122 posts, read 155,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Jeans, for instance, they're so damn dull and conformist! There are millions of colours out there why are almost all jeans blue? I've seen weird coloured jeans and stuff but you have to go to speciality stores. Also, clothing, especially for guys, is so practical there's nothing fashionable about it. If you try to be a bit fashionable you're 'gay.' Even those who are fashionable stick to conservative things like pants etc. It's a bit better for women but they too just wear what everybody else does. I liked the 60s when hippies etc wore some really cool looking clothes, you'd see dandies sporting these like 17-th century style military uniforms or tie-dyed kafkas or whatever, it was groovy. I never lived those times but what I would give to!
I find this very negative. I'm sorry. It's just that you don't have to wear so much color to look good. Sometimes, it's better to be simple and classy. also, you can't really tell people what to wear. Maybe they're wearing something "boring" because they think it's safe or maybe it's just their style, you just have to respect that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 02:05 AM

628 posts, read 1,389,563 times
Quote:
Jeans, for instance, they're so damn dull and conformist! There are millions of colours out there why are almost all jeans blue? I've seen weird coloured jeans and stuff but you have to go to speciality stores. Also, clothing, especially for guys, is so practical there's nothing fashionable about it. If you try to be a bit fashionable you're 'gay.' Even those who are fashionable stick to conservative things like pants etc. It's a bit better for women but they too just wear what everybody else does. I liked the 60s when hippies etc wore some really cool looking clothes, you'd see dandies sporting these like 17-th century style military uniforms or tie-dyed kafkas or whatever, it was groovy. I never lived those times but what I would give to!
I completely agree, sing it brother!~ Do you know how hard it is to find boxers or other kind of clothing as a MAN in the MEN section that doesn't make me want to puke?

I love colors, both muted and BRIGHT!~

Old 07-30-2013, 03:21 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
It is not the color or material of the clothes, but how they are worn.

A nice pair of well fitting jeans, with the right shirt (and maybe jacket), shoes, etc, can look very good.

On the other hand, worn out, dirty, baggy jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt that appears slept in is going to look sloppy no matter what colors they are.

Of course, if you want color and out of the ordinary style, you could start to wear kilts.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:19 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
People like to wear what's popular, and what's popular is boring. Since everybody else is also wearing it, it's just even more boring. I would love to learn how to make my own clothes, I could really get crazy with that.
Strange! I'm a people and I couldn't care less what's popular. I wear what is good quality, comfortable and suits me.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:51 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Everyone? Generalities are seldom true, though you have my sympathy if you're surrounded only by people who dress in a boring manner which, I'm assuming, would include yourself.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:32 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
Jeans are blue for a reason. Blue is the most neutral color to wear. For instance, I'm a "winter"...I look good in black, white, and red. I look awful in yellow, orange, and tan..."fall" colors.

Blue doesn't belong in any of the clothing color classes. No one looks good or bad in basic blue. If you get into baby blue or midnight blue, then thats a different story.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:05 AM

628 posts, read 1,389,563 times
I'm sorry, I didn't get to finish my thought before. What disapoints me about the selection in the "Men's" clothing section is the LACK of choices! Although, brown, forest green, and camoflage are great colors for blending into a forest environment avoiding predators.

Oh, and me personally, I LOVE STAINS, RIPS, AND HOLES, they make the clothes to me seem like they have been "lived in" and like they have a history!

Old 08-02-2013, 05:35 AM

19 posts, read 25,622 times
I am not wearing boring clothes, i like those dresses make make me comfortable to wear and looks nice in body. i love to wear long shirt along with jeans.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:44 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,586,143 times
Quote:
Hippies wore dirty jeans and t-shirts. Never saw any military uniforms or anything interesting. There are always a few people around who think of their clothing as an artistic statement, regardless of the year. But most adults are wearing clothing so we aren't naked and just want to blend.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:40 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I like boring clothes. (on me)

I do not like wild prints, I don't like most colors.

My FIL wears those hideous Haw shirts, they are loud and obnoxious, and plain ugly.

I do like camoflauge prints though, but as a middle age man, no, I don't wear loud clothing at all.
and I don't wear many colors either, as to many colorful things makes my stomach queesy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty