Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 11:44 PM

609 posts, read 1,260,212 times

Advertisements

okay ladies...i know a lot of women hate liquid eyeliner, but i seem to have better luck with it then pencils. i need a really good black liquid eyeliner. any suggestions? please? lol...i dont typically go for black...i like all the different colors and glitter, but i need to have a black now and im stumped on what brand to get...any help would be awesome and much appreciated

yes...i said glitter...no...im not a teenager. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 04:19 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Amazon.com: Kryolan Cake Eye Liner Sealer .5 fl. oz. Makeup 5322: Everything Else

Kryolan sealant and cake. You can use the sealant with mineral powder and eyeshadows too that are made to be applied wet or dry. (test a small area before wetting the makeup cake too much)

I like sealant and a brush. Its very thin, smooth and not too much shine.

Depending on what you like and how you wear it would determine your brush choice. I use something like this:

Coastal Scents: Destiny Precision Angled Liner Brush (http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/2179_37/destiny-precision-angled-liner-brush.cfm - broken link)

(they have cheap mineral samples on that site too if you wanted to pick up a couple inexpensive mineral liners to play with if you get that brush)

Old 05-23-2011, 05:07 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
Bobbi Brown has a black gel eyeliner that is very good. Her site has specials so check it out.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:46 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I don't do liquid, but I have good luck with felt-tip eyeliner markers for the same effect with better control.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:17 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Um, its been years since I last tried liquid liner and didnt like it then, either. Always seems to flake and come off.
My preference is the soft pencil. And for a dollar, it does very well.
Even though Im a brunette, still dont wear black, it makes a person too much emphasiziing on the eyes, and no need. Dark brown works well for me.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:34 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,603,624 times
I like the MAC gel liners, used with their Paint as a primer the liner applied with a chisel-point brush. I have greasy eyelids, and this combo is the only one I've tried that stays in place. (I have not tried the Krayalon combo). MAC also has several very dark but not black gels that give a similar effect as a black eyeliner but not quite so stark - although you'd still think it was black from a few feet away -- so it's better for gals who are over 30 or have started getting wrinkles around their eyes.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
I've always liked liquid eyeliner and I don't care whether it's in fashion or not. Used to have a hell of time finding a decent one after another is discontinued in the past, but ever since I discovered this eyeliner, I haven't strayed and I can only hope it doesn't disappear like just about anything you like!

Beauty tip: L

I don't know why this reviewer says it's waterproof, though... It's not.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
As a fair person with lighter hair (anywhere from ash blonde to light brown), I don't really ever wear black eyeliner...too harsh and stark. I do wear brown or brownish black, though. I don't typically do colors, though, unless it's for a costume.

The felt-tip eyeliners are ideal for me, because they're, as mentioned earlier, less difficult to control than straight up liquid, and less smudge-ish than pencil.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:45 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,387 times
Im a faithful black liquid eyeliner user too..my fav is the Metallic Black Eyebrightener liner by Physicians Formula. It will give you a little shimmer effect too. Its a decent price and can be found pretty much anywhere...Target, Walmart, Walgreens.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I like Sephora's Doe Eyed Liner. Lots of colors, and easy to apply. Sephora: SEPHORA COLLECTION Doe Eyed Felt Eyeliner: Eyeliner

I have been using khaki green actually it is a really soft look. (I have dark hair/eyes/african american.) The black is great too, I have that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty