Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:07 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,408,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Fake fingernails (any - it's just gross)
and distracting.

I was having a manicure years ago just before my wedding. The salon was in a luxury hotel where they were holding their most prestigious charity event of the year. Celebrities were flying in from everywhere and the locals attending were the cream of society.

The manicurist had just done several manicures for various rich socialites and she confided ... "I was surprised to see that all of them have natural nails!"

I just smiled.

Two things you will rarely see on a top fashion model or an upper class lady: Fake nails and/or French manicures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 04:01 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,348,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Two things you will rarely see on a top fashion model or an upper class lady: Fake nails and/or French manicures
Why SS? What do they prefer? Clear nails, light polish, red? I like FR manicures on natural nails (normally opt for clear polish, however)... but, please don't tell me I'm hopelessly out of sync with sophistication & current times.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:19 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,686,242 times
Worst fashion trend ever - platform shoes for men.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:13 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
No.......Donut Head.......this fad is spreading like wildfire.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
No.......Donut Head.......this fad is spreading like wildfire.
It's really not... that's like saying tongue splitting is spreading like wildfire because you found a few pictures on the internet

Old 07-17-2011, 08:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
and distracting.

I was having a manicure years ago just before my wedding. The salon was in a luxury hotel where they were holding their most prestigious charity event of the year. Celebrities were flying in from everywhere and the locals attending were the cream of society.

The manicurist had just done several manicures for various rich socialites and she confided ... "I was surprised to see that all of them have natural nails!"

I just smiled.

100% this

Old 07-17-2011, 08:41 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's really not... that's like saying tongue splitting is spreading like wildfire because you found a few pictures on the internet

You are wrong, we are increaasing in numbers on an exponential basis. Don't fear us just because we are different.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:45 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,492,084 times
What's wrong with a french mani on natural nails? I think they are classic looking.. much better than those hot pink, flourescent colors people wear on their nails....

Old 07-18-2011, 11:56 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Modified shoulder pads have a use, They complete the lines of a garment. It was the huge shoulder pads that gave them a bad name. Your better dresses, suits and blouses have modified shoulder pads. They have been around forever and will continue to be around in high fashion clothing.

Most fads go to the extreme and that is what makes them a passing thing.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:22 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I've never kept up with fashion trends or current slang so had to look up "whale tail." When I found that it was along with "muffin top" so learned something new on that one. The whale tail is all over the place and I always thought that one was ohmigawd-another-butt-with-a-thong-ick! But somehow muffin top led me to a female with jeans low enough for pubie hair to stick out because at some point the female genitalia was called a muffin. Learn something new every day!
Haha...your definition of muffin top is hilarious. But I've seen women wear that look too- super low rise jeans with hints of their 'privates' on display.

It's very tricky to wear super low-rise jeans without giving off the whale tail look. For instance, when I wear my super low-rise jeans, I have to make sure not to bend over, or to squat down in such a way that my back is erect, so as not to flash 'whale tail'.

Muffin top is all too common around here. There are way too many women who can't dress for their body types. If you're going to wear tight jeans and a crop top, make sure you're in good enough shape to do so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty