Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,433 times

Advertisements

One of the reason is stress makes you ugly.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:01 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times
I would rather use bioidentical creams, sleep through the night and stay beautiful. Sleep, exercise, diet and good skincare make all the difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They also put fried eggs on top of their hamburgers. Doesn't mean it's a GOOD thing.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:00 PM

89 posts, read 175,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I am a mom in my forties and have observed my unmarried girlfriends over the years and have noticed they look alot younger then us married ones.I say blame men!!LOL
Unmarried women still put themselves first and have the also the funds and time to look after themselves better. Married women sadly fall too often in the "family safety" trap. Something like "I got a man, I got a kid, these are my priorities, nevermind how my butt looks".
This is of course heavily generalized but you get the point. And actually same goes for many married men as well.
Before marriage - slim, freshly shaved, going to the gym, wearing nice cologne
After a decade of marriage - chubby, hairy, going to the pub, smelling like hamburgers.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:15 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Parents' priorities typically shift to put the needs of their kids first, and worry about their own needs, and non-needs secondarily, if at all. Your time allocation is also very different, as is your monetary allocation...money spent on spa treatments, cosmetic products, costly salons, etc. becomes money that goes toward childrearing. A lot of self-pampering goes by the wayside when you're busy parenting. Particularly when children are younger, sleep is sacrificed, as noted by my sister in law and brother, who currently have a household that involves a three-year old and a pair of five month-old twins with premature birth complications. And insufficient sleep will absolutely take a toll on your looks.

And, no, I don't have any kids...but I can see how my priorities would shift if I did.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:20 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I would rather use bioidentical creams, sleep through the night and stay beautiful. Sleep, exercise, diet and good skincare make all the difference.
There have been several studies done showing that one cannot absorb enough hormones through the skin, rendering said creams useless.
They are not covered by most insurance companies, and they are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.
Also, just because they have been using them in Europe proves nothing, they still offer sheep's urine injections as a way to stave off old age in Switzerland.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:22 AM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,443 times
I am friends with a lot of the people I went to high school with on Facebook. My ten year reunion is coming up soon so that should be interesting too. In my opinion, most the girls and guys look pretty much the same. A few of the girls who just had kids are 5 or 10 lbs heavier, but otherwise we all look the same. I am the one who changed the most as far as I can tell so its weird to be unrecognizable to people since I feel like the same person. I am 40 lbs lighter than I was in highschool and for whatever reason I just look different in my whole face. I'd like to think I look better since I was teased a lot in high school for my looks and my weight. I'm not sure how to feel about the reunion because I just want it all to be water under the bridge and just want to hear about how my classmates are doing, what they are up to, etc.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:01 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times
Not true. I just had a pain free menstrual period at 40 using otc creams. They have greatly alleviated my symptoms, on them for life. Wake up, a lot of people are using bioidenticals. I predict the Generation Y will be all over them; it's really just the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
There have been several studies done showing that one cannot absorb enough hormones through the skin, rendering said creams useless.
They are not covered by most insurance companies, and they are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.
Also, just because they have been using them in Europe proves nothing, they still offer sheep's urine injections as a way to stave off old age in Switzerland.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:14 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Not true. I just had a pain free menstrual period at 40 using otc creams. They have greatly alleviated my symptoms, on them for life. Wake up, a lot of people are using bioidenticals. I predict the Generation Y will be all over them; it's really just the beginning.
I'm sorry, where did you say you got your degree in pharmacology from?
I must have missed that.
I come from a medical family, most of my friends are in the medical profession, every single last one of them holds the professional opinion that bioidentical creams are the snake oil of today.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:19 AM

89 posts, read 175,024 times
I am a strong believer in the placebo effect.

That's why it never works on me

Old 06-23-2011, 02:15 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,395 times
Age happens! Name some good looking old men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty