Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:05 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
I guess ignorance is bliss.
Indeed, it is.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:10 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
Yes, the same as understanding women's roles and evolutionary history has nothing to do with being a globetrotter. I don't need to get a passport and hop on a plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Labels like "Ivy League of the South" are meaningless. Get off your high horse and acknowledge you went to just UT and it really has nothing to do with the rest of your post.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:15 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Yes, the same as understanding women's roles and evolutionary history has nothing to do with being a globetrotter. I don't need to get a passport and hop on a plane.
My post that you quoted said nothing about that.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:30 AM

992 posts, read 2,373,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
Best post by far. Most of you women in here just can not handle the truth. I guess most of you need to be educated, but hey I guess ignorance is bliss.
It's not about truth, it is about feeling insulted by someone who clearly doesn't "get" that everyone is different, and what makes us different should be embraced, not judged.

I've always thought this expression should be used more:
What others think of me is none of my business.

It also reeks of insecurity when someone put someone else down.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:17 AM

89 posts, read 175,139 times
Nobody mentioned teeth yet.

whenever I look at various shows such as "extreme makeover" blah blah, everyone seems most happy with their new teeth, if they get any. And to be honest, they make most of the changes.

without good teeth, people loose their health, as they cannot chew properly anymore, they get nasty infections that can spread in the body, the don't dare to smile anymore and get a sunken dim facial expression. The jaw and muscle drops too and ...

Oh well.

Just look after your teeth, everyone.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:58 PM

834 posts, read 2,278,606 times
Okay Lemon&Lime your followup is completely different than your original post.

As someone who chose not to have kids I see what you are saying and I agree with you, just not your delivery. I've taken a LOT of crap over the years for not having kids. Even now that 40 is just around the corner for me, people still say, "Are you sure..... you have one last chance?" Some people can't get over the fact that my husband and I are very happy with each other, traveling, our jobs, our hobbies.
I can totally understand how some people couldn't be happy without kids. I get it and I respect it. Why can't they do the same for me?

However..... your original response said that "women have no purpose other than having kids". That is a far cry from saying "Women tend to spend too much time giving to their families and not enough time doing things for themselves"
I think most mothers would agree with you on that point! I mean, unless a person has unlimited funds so they can have plenty of nannies, housekeepers and money for beauty treatments, yes, the average mother will sacrifice her pampering time to be a good mother to her kids. There is nothing wrong with that. I admire it. It would be nice to see women take more times for themselves but A) they don't have the time or B) maybe they really don't care about primping.

According to your theories, men don't even like women over the age of 50 so what's the point of trying to look pretty if you are going to be perceived as ugly anyway? (I'm being sarcastic)

Old 06-26-2011, 01:05 PM

834 posts, read 2,278,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime
Why would I need to? Only the last few generations of people have tried to convince everyone of the meaning of life beyond our real purpose which is reproduction. Get educated, the last few thousand years women didn't live past 50. Once you go in to menopause that's it, you're dead. Men know it and it's the main reason they hate older women so much. Life after a certain age is merely on a philosophical theorectical level. You continue to try to find "meaning" in all of it when in fact you have no purpose having already either completed your raison d'etre (having chlidren) or not. Have you noticed most men hate women who don't have children? They really do. Everyone knows it's not natural. Women essentially have no purpose, no reason to live or occupy space other than to physically bear children and raise them.

But back to the OP:
One of the main reasons women look so different after a certain age is they get super fat due to a loss of HGH and other hormones. They continue to eat like pigs, spend too much time outside and use crappy skin care and nutrition all the while saying stupid things like "we're all gonna age". Just die already.

Quote:
Best post by far. Most of you women in here just can not handle the truth. I guess most of you need to be educated, but hey I guess ignorance is bliss.
[+] Rate this post positively
I am having a hard time understanding the tone of this post. And I think other people too. Is she saying that SHE thinks women have no purpose besides reproduction? Because if she is, she deserves the cyber lashing she's getting.

Or is she saying "society" often treats women like they have no purpose beyond reproduction and women are often all to happy to fulfill that role? Because that I agree with. Especially growing up in the south, attending a Southern Baptist church, there is absolutely that underlying tone of a women's role.

If she is stating the latter, then her delivery is pretty bad.

Last edited by Yankeerose00; 06-26-2011 at 01:13 PM..

Old 06-26-2011, 08:46 PM

11 posts, read 7,671 times
Default stress

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowler22 View Post
One of the reason is stress makes you ugly.
Stress, we must learn to release it.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:36 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Plain and simple: Poetic Justice.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:22 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
For thousands of years women didn't live past 50. Do the current times sociological math yourself. I'm not against being a mom but mom culture does nothing for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeerose00 View Post
Okay Lemon&Lime your followup is completely different than your original post.

As someone who chose not to have kids I see what you are saying and I agree with you, just not your delivery. I've taken a LOT of crap over the years for not having kids. Even now that 40 is just around the corner for me, people still say, "Are you sure..... you have one last chance?" Some people can't get over the fact that my husband and I are very happy with each other, traveling, our jobs, our hobbies.
I can totally understand how some people couldn't be happy without kids. I get it and I respect it. Why can't they do the same for me?

However..... your original response said that "women have no purpose other than having kids". That is a far cry from saying "Women tend to spend too much time giving to their families and not enough time doing things for themselves"
I think most mothers would agree with you on that point! I mean, unless a person has unlimited funds so they can have plenty of nannies, housekeepers and money for beauty treatments, yes, the average mother will sacrifice her pampering time to be a good mother to her kids. There is nothing wrong with that. I admire it. It would be nice to see women take more times for themselves but A) they don't have the time or B) maybe they really don't care about primping.

According to your theories, men don't even like women over the age of 50 so what's the point of trying to look pretty if you are going to be perceived as ugly anyway? (I'm being sarcastic)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty