Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:44 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
I would never get them either BUT I don't go around condemning others for their personal choices which have absolutely no impact upon my life. I do my best to treat every person I come into contact with daily with respect and deceny, no matter what their outward appearance is.
I will not have close contact with someone who has mutilated earlobes or crap through their face..............or lip plates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 11:41 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I will not have close contact with someone who has mutilated earlobes or crap through their face..............or lip plates.
Why?

Because you don't like how they look?

We don't bite. Seriously, people without body mods seem to feel like if they get to know someone who does that they're going to magically become a freak too. It isn't contagious.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:57 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I would imagine the body mod community gives you a rather wide berth.
For someone that says they have never ranted about this subject, you sound as if you are.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:02 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Why?

Because you don't like how they look?

We don't bite. Seriously, people without body mods seem to feel like if they get to know someone who does that they're going to magically become a freak too. It isn't contagious.
The way this kind of person is multiplying are you 100% sure that these "people" are NOT contagious??

Old 06-22-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
The way this kind of person is multiplying are you 100% sure that these "people" are NOT contagious??
"People?" Really? "People," as if we're not also human beings?

Society is more accepting now than they ever have been with letting people do with their bodies as they please so long as it is safe and will not hurt anyone else. Saying that body modification is contagious is like saying homosexuality or transgenderism is contagious just because people who identify as gay or trans are more accepted now than they have been in years past.

Last edited by emi__; 06-22-2011 at 10:34 AM..

Old 06-22-2011, 10:26 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Hooray!! More power to he freaks . I'd rather be one of the freaks than someone with an attitude like yours

Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 AM

672 posts, read 2,112,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Hooray!! More power to he freaks . I'd rather be one of the freaks than someone with an attitude like yours
I agree

Old 06-22-2011, 11:20 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
do what you want - but ear gauging is gross

doesn't make you a bad person, but it is disgusting

I absolutely love our baby sitter, but I think she looks like a clown when she throws on the skin tight ed hardy shirts

but to each their own

Old 06-22-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
do what you want - but ear gauging is gross

doesn't make you a bad person, but it is disgusting

I absolutely love our baby sitter, but I think she looks like a clown when she throws on the skin tight ed hardy shirts

but to each their own
Ear stretching and Ed Hardy have absolutely nothing to do with eachother. I'd think she looks like a clown too.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:54 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
"People?" Really? "People," as if we're not also human beings?

Society is more accepting now than they ever have been with letting people do with their bodies as they please so long as it is safe and will not hurt anyone else. Saying that body modification is contagious is like saying homosexuality or transgenderism is contagious just because people who identify as gay or trans are more accepted now than they have been in years past.
I don't think it's acceptance by the general public.

It's more like........stand on the shore or you will drown in the tide of body mutilation going on!

Then there is your statement (in blue) that is the smokers lament I've heard a million times or more about not hurting anyone else..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty