Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 10:37 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,686,242 times

Advertisements

There is only one reason for nightclothes of ANY type - to lay across the foot of the bed or on a nearby chair in case of fire.

I am generously endowed, and have slept completely nude since I was a small child. I don't like being awakened by anything constricting around any part of my body - ankles, waist, neck, wrists - and I am a 'turner' so no matter what I try to wear, from flannel to silk, ends up strangling me or cutting off my circulation.

Thanks, I'd rather end up with two black eyes (the same black eyes I get if I go jogging, or try that yoga position where I stand on my head) than wear something that will slide, roll, or pop out uncomfortably right in the middle of a good dream.

As for 'maintaining shape' - sugah, that may work for some, or for a few years, but the immutable law of gravity works, and eventually everything falls to the floor, unless you put a zipper in your skin. Of course, once you get to my age, you don't give a da** what other people think about how you look - you're just trying to pick 'em up and stuff 'em in before someone knocks at the door, or in the winter trying to wear the padded bras when you go out so no one tries to hang their coat on your chest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 10:47 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
There is only one reason for nightclothes of ANY type - to lay across the foot of the bed or on a nearby chair in case of fire.

I am generously endowed, and have slept completely nude since I was a small child. I don't like being awakened by anything constricting around any part of my body - ankles, waist, neck, wrists - and I am a 'turner' so no matter what I try to wear, from flannel to silk, ends up strangling me or cutting off my circulation.

Thanks, I'd rather end up with two black eyes (the same black eyes I get if I go jogging, or try that yoga position where I stand on my head) than wear something that will slide, roll, or pop out uncomfortably right in the middle of a good dream.

As for 'maintaining shape' - sugah, that may work for some, or for a few years, but the immutable law of gravity works, and eventually everything falls to the floor, unless you put a zipper in your skin. Of course, once you get to my age, you don't give a da** what other people think about how you look - you're just trying to pick 'em up and stuff 'em in before someone knocks at the door, or in the winter trying to wear the padded bras when you go out so no one tries to hang their coat on your chest.

Oh, I PREFER to sleep like you do (And do)

TMI here too probably!

Still, I got a few years till I'm to the same point you are!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:59 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times
Im the opposite of everybody here. I HATE HATE HATE sleeping without my bra on. It feels awful. I have to at least have that on. And loose around the house? Forget it. Not going to happen.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:04 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Im the opposite of everybody here. I HATE HATE HATE sleeping without my bra on. It feels awful. I have to at least have that on. And loose around the house? Forget it. Not going to happen.
Thank you!! And to Drummerboy, no I have not had any if those issues! It's just more comfortable for me!! Thank you ColdDiamond for understanding!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:37 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Yeah, as a natural born G, I'm with you on this one. Now, that does NOT mean that at certain times I'm against almost ripping the thing off and tossing on the floor - but in general terms, I'd prefer to be with rather than without.

OP, check out this site when you have a couple of minutes. I've always had great success with them. Also, some of their swimwear is on sale - and I can also vouch with my success in that department too with this company.

Sleep and Leisure Bras

Old 06-18-2011, 11:45 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Yeah, as a natural born G, I'm with you on this one. Now, that does NOT mean that at certain times I'm against almost ripping the thing off and tossing on the floor - but in general terms, I'd prefer to be with rather than without.

OP, check out this site when you have a couple of minutes. I've always had great success with them. Also, some of their swimwear is on sale - and I can also vouch with my success in that department too with this company.

Sleep and Leisure Bras
Thank you so much!!

Old 06-19-2011, 01:06 AM

12 posts, read 17,126 times
I don't but I'm a B, in a family of women who wear DD and larger. The only times I wear them to bed is when I am too tired and fall asleep with them on. On my days at home sometimes I don't even bother to put one on, which can be a very bad thing if someone comes to the door, then I either scramble for a bra or jacket, or lean forward so my shirt loosens around my front and people think I'm a hunchback lol!

Old 06-19-2011, 01:09 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
I sleep braless

Old 06-19-2011, 01:26 PM

89 posts, read 175,070 times
The only reason for which I wear a bra is the "woah, it's getting cold in here" issue. Or transparency, as well. Otherwise, I see no reason to stuff my puppies in those cages.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:37 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Oh, I PREFER to sleep like you do (And do)

TMI here too probably!

Still, I got a few years till I'm to the same point you are!
Ummm...sorry; I don't mean to criticize anyone who sleeps in the buff, male or female, but at the same time, how do you get around the "bodily fluids" issue from accidentally soiling your mattress? (nocturnal emissions for guys; monthly periods for the ladies??)

Sorry, I don't mean to gross anyone out...but the reason above, is why I *always* sleep, fully clothed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty