Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 10:58 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,063,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanppl View Post
Just curious!!! Do you as a men find a thin woman more attractive than a voluptous one that has some curves?
Yes, I, personally, find thin women much more attractive than voluptous women. When I was single, I would only spend time with curvy women for fun, but not for a serious relationship. For various reasons, thin always meant "wife material" to me.

Generally, IMO, there are "dealbreakers" but rarely "deal makers" when it comes to what is attractive regarding attitude, looks, and intelligence. Beauty and intelligence can be spoiled by a bad attitude. Intelligence and a positive attitude can be spoiled by lack of beauty. Beauty and a positive attitude can be spoiled by a lack of intelligence.

Basically, IMO, someone needs to be the "whole package" in order to be attractive and shouldn't rely on one (or two) particularily strong component(s) (intelligence, attitude, or looks) to attract a good mate. I always took care to take care of my body, keep my mind sharp, and keep a positive outlook so I would be attractive to women. Likewise, that is what I looked for in a mate.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:23 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
Basically, IMO, someone needs to be the "whole package" in order to be attractive and shouldn't rely on one (or two) particularily strong component(s) (intelligence, attitude, or looks) to attract a good mate. I always took care to take care of my body, keep my mind sharp, and keep a positive outlook so I would be attractive to women. Likewise, that is what I looked for in a mate.

wull, I'm definately the Entire, Whole Package......(hair flip) and a product of my own invention....

Old 01-03-2008, 11:26 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
With all other things being equal (personality, attitude, face, etc.) and only taking into account a person's physical look (i.e., body), curvy is definately more attractive. There are definately deal breakers for me and deal makers.

Deal breakers:
Smoker, lots of tatoos, flabby stomach, sedentary lifestyle, implants, poor hip to waist ratio (i.e., hip measurment is almost same as or greater than waist), poor thigh-to-knee and calf-to-ankle ratios (i.e., knee and ankle must be significantly smaller than thigh and calf).

Deal Makers:
Flat abs, muscular thighs (size doesnt matter) but must be muscular, muscular calfs, firm bottom like heavy squats and leg presses are regular part of her fitness program, muscle on side of thigh must be visible, absolutely must be athletic.

For me, curvy (athletic) is definately more attractive.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
With all other things being equal (personality, attitude, face, etc.) and only taking into account a person's physical look (i.e., body), curvy is definately more attractive. There are definately deal breakers for me and deal makers.

Deal breakers:
Smoker, lots of tatoos, flabby stomach, sedentary lifestyle, implants, poor hip to waist ratio (i.e., hip measurment is almost same as or greater than waist), poor thigh-to-knee and calf-to-ankle ratios (i.e., knee and ankle must be significantly smaller than thigh and calf).

Deal Makers:
Flat abs, muscular thighs (size doesnt matter) but must be muscular, muscular calfs, firm bottom like heavy squats and leg presses are regular part of her fitness program, muscle on side of thigh must be visible, absolutely must be athletic.

For me, curvy (athletic) is definately more attractive.
Your kidding right?

well, Mr. Perfect..let me tell you, when you laying in the hospital after two total knee replacements cause you loved working out and having that perfect body, come back and tell me the same thing...

like me the way I am or leave me....the way I see it, your lucky I gave YOU a second look!!!!

Just busting ya

Old 01-03-2008, 11:33 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Deal breakers:
poor hip to waist ratio (i.e., hip measurment is almost same as or greater than waist), poor thigh-to-knee and calf-to-ankle ratios (i.e., knee and ankle must be significantly smaller than thigh and calf).
This is freakin hilarious!! I guess cankles would be a big no no then? LOL

Old 01-03-2008, 11:34 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,572 times
Perhaps what we need are some pictures so we're all on the same page??

Old 01-03-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
This is freakin hilarious!! I guess cankles would be a big no no then? LOL

ohhhh, how bout pimples? or are pimples cankers...what are cankers anyway? Is that another name for cold soars?

Old 01-03-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Perhaps what we need are some pictures so we're all on the same page??

HAH

yeah, wait I'll post one of me in my bikini.....

Old 01-03-2008, 11:43 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
ohhhh, how bout pimples? or are pimples cankers...what are cankers anyway? Is that another name for cold soars?
Cankles, not cankers, cankers are sores I believe, cankles are ankles that are the same size as calves.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Cankles, not cankers, cankers are sores I believe, cankles are ankles that are the same size as calves.

ahhhh ok...thanks.....what are cankles......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty