Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:07 PM

15 posts, read 34,678 times

Advertisements

one of our interns, a 23-year old guy has a very thick facial hair and he would show up every day with varying degrees of shave. I would only see him with a close shave once in a blue moon. probably he's also frustrated how expensive the blades are!

I bought several years ago an "expensive" blade that until now sits in my drawer. The thing is I only have peach fuzz on my face and I am already in my 30's (I'm a guy)
I must have used the blades a couple of times just to find out how it feels to shave the face
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 12:49 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,072 times
I used to use the 5 blade cartridge, forgot the name brand now. But they were really expensive, even buying in bulk at Sam's Club.

The high price drove me to go with an electric razor. However, I know that not everyone's facial hair will take well to electric razors. I was fortunate to be able to go electric. I spent $50 on a Phillips unit and have used the same blade for the past year + and the only thing I have to do is clean and charge it every 10 days or so.

Even though I'm military, I don't grow facial hair fast enough to need to shave every day. I can shave every 2 days.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:58 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
The cheap moving head Gillette disposable ones do it for me...i shave every 3 days and use it about 6 times before disposing...when it stops gliding is when i know the time for it to end in the garbage.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:35 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
If you just use a regular razor, the blades are really cheap. Or even a straight edge razor is cheaper. I understand using safety razors for certain sensitive areas of the body, but there's no need to for your face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty