Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 12:08 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Kittens View Post
What does freemale mean? Is it just a synonym for crossdresser? I googled it but the only definition I found had to do with women who were, by choice, not in a relationship with a man (free-of-a-male, I guess). Please enlighten me!
I've heard it before in reference to a male crossdresser. Which, I find amusing because in the eyes of general society and "everyday clothing", it appears that there really is no such thing as female crossdressers. Nobody bats an eyelash at the woman wearing slacks and a guy's polo.

The only times society would see a female crossdresser is if she were wearing a tux (or really, any formal guy's coat) or dressing up as a male character.

Quite silly, if you ask me.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:31 PM

604 posts, read 856,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I've heard it before in reference to a male crossdresser. Which, I find amusing because in the eyes of general society and "everyday clothing", it appears that there really is no such thing as female crossdressers. Nobody bats an eyelash at the woman wearing slacks and a guy's polo.

The only times society would see a female crossdresser is if she were wearing a tux (or really, any formal guy's coat) or dressing up as a male character.

Quite silly, if you ask me.
Seriously.

Thanks for the clarification. Strange, though, the concept of "crossdressing" can make a woman look more appealing/sexy; for example, Marlene Dietrich or Madonna. Why doesn't female "crossdressing" bring out the same hostility?

For the OP, let your freak flag fly.
How he dresses is his business, and if he looks good, more power to him.

But then I run with guys who wear kilts routinely, not just for special occasions, so maybe my perspective is skewed.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:34 PM

95 posts, read 160,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
If he's got the body, he's got the body. I know quite a few guys who could pull off the entire outfit - including the short.

A cute pair of jeans would also be fantastic for that top. And for fall, a nice riding coat would accent the shirt. Black with gray accents, of course.

Which is quite sad, really. Everyone has different tastes in clothing; not one better than the other.
I've actually worn this with jeans before and it actually works! And yes, I do have the body. I am extremely slim and athletic. I do not like really short shorts though as I have quite long legs. I wear a lot of capri length jeans though as this tends to work!

Old 07-02-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Kittens View Post
Seriously.

Thanks for the clarification. Strange, though, the concept of "crossdressing" can make a woman look more appealing/sexy; for example, Marlene Dietrich or Madonna. Why doesn't female "crossdressing" bring out the same hostility?

For the OP, let your freak flag fly.
How he dresses is his business, and if he looks good, more power to him.

But then I run with guys who wear kilts routinely, not just for special occasions, so maybe my perspective is skewed.
I have always referred to myself as freemale as I do not fit either gender. I wear clothing of both genders, whatever works. I don't even see it as crossdressing. It's not sexual, I just feel more like me in certain items of clothing, mostly female. I also regularly paint my nails. And believe it or not, I have gotten whistled at by guys while running as the rear view in particular is often mistaken for female. It's like this though. I go to work dressed as a man, I dress as a woman at home or with friends who know and accept me and I tend to work out in women's clothing rather than men's as it fits my form better.

I would post pics, but this isn't the right place for this freak

Old 07-02-2011, 12:54 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIRDS View Post
I have always referred to myself as freemale as I do not fit either gender. I wear clothing of both genders, whatever works. I don't even see it as crossdressing. It's not sexual, I just feel more like me in certain items of clothing, mostly female. I also regularly paint my nails. And believe it or not, I have gotten whistled at by guys while running as the rear view in particular is often mistaken for female. It's like this though. I go to work dressed as a man, I dress as a woman at home or with friends who know and accept me and I tend to work out in women's clothing rather than men's as it fits my form better.

I would post pics, but this isn't the right place for this freak
So you are gay then?

Old 07-02-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
So you are gay then?
I'm mainly attracted to women apart from one time :-/

I am a freak!

Old 07-02-2011, 01:01 PM

330 posts, read 599,050 times
So basically you are a "out" transexual... well if it works for you...

Old 07-02-2011, 01:17 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
So basically you are a "out" transexual... well if it works for you...
Well, just a crossdresser, but he says he's straight but that doesn't make sense... I guess there's not a category for this person. lol

Old 07-02-2011, 06:31 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,608 times
No... it makes plenty of sense. There are a surprising amount of cis (cisgender means you identify as the gender you have the equipment for) heterosexual guys who just like wearing women's clothing.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:16 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
No... it makes plenty of sense. There are a surprising amount of cis (cisgender means you identify as the gender you have the equipment for) heterosexual guys who just like wearing women's clothing.
Nevertheless, it's strange. Straight guys wanting to wear a bikini? What a sick sight. Just means they're crossdressers, but confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty