Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 12:30 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
If nobody cares, then what do you have to shield your children from?

It's CLOTHING.
nobody cares about the person or their motivations for dressing inappropriately. people do care that a pervert is hanging around in public near their children and near people who are trying to enjoy themselves.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:40 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,163,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
nobody cares about the person or their motivations for dressing inappropriately. people do care that a pervert is hanging around in public near their children and near people who are trying to enjoy themselves.
So wearing clothes "outside the norm" automatically makes people "perverts". Huh. Never knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
It is NOT just clothing. Imagine you have kids ages 3, 5, and 7. All boys and playing in the park. How would you react if some MAN dressed in women's clothing comes along and sits right next to where your kids are playing and watching them? Even my gay friends are creeped out by people like this.
> sits next to kids
> watches them

That would creep me out no matter what the person was wearing - unless that person had a kid playing in the park as well.

A random guy on a stroll through the park wearing a mid-drift sweater? Meh. I would barely bat an eyelash to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Hello, police? I'd like to report a disturbing individual. He's wearing a sweater, sir, a woman's sweater. My children are frightened. Yes, we're in the park. No, it's not a particularly lewd sweater, sir ... it's kind of skimpy. Yes. Bare midriff, yes. It's definitely a woman's sweater. Kind of a Flashdance kind of thing. My wife owns one just like it. My children are confused, sir, and I need someone to come out right away and address this sweater situation.
The part I find absolutely hilarious is that the OP never stated he even went to a park (or anything to do with kids). First usage of the word "park" was Lao's post.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 07-08-2011 at 01:56 PM..

Old 07-08-2011, 02:00 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,681,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutreplica View Post
Your choice shows the freedom of a female. What do you mean by
“free male”.
obviously it means a male thats showing freedom from the expectations of society

Old 07-08-2011, 02:08 PM

maybe im just more open minded than some but it seems to me that if kids saw men wearing womens clothes and vice versa all the time they would just say "oh well no big deal everybody does it". The kids arent freaked out that they saw Fred in a dress and Linda in a tux....YOU are.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:18 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
To be fair, though, I do wonder about a man wearing leggings. Those things are skin-tight. How does a man wear those without sporting a moose knuckle? I was in ballet for years and know all too well what a man in tights looks like.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
So wearing clothes "outside the norm" automatically makes people "perverts". Huh. Never knew.
oh look who showed up, mr im sooooo open minded and accepting of everybody. it depends on how outside of the norm it is. when the person goes too far according to my judgement, they are a pervert and i dont want my child to think that its ok. everything everyone does isnt acceptable to me even if its legal.

i dont want my child "freaked out" as im not freaked out. but my child will know that the person has problems.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:42 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Quote:
oh look who showed up, mr im sooooo open minded and accepting of everybody. it depends on how outside of the norm it is. when the person goes too far according to my judgement, they are a pervert and i dont want my child to think that its ok. everything everyone does isnt acceptable to me even if its legal.

i dont want my child "freaked out" as im not freaked out. but my child will know that the person has problems.
You know.

Pervert typically refers to someone who's doing something that sexually offends someone.

If the OP isn't doing it for sex reasons, how exactly can they be a pervert?

Sorry, but cavemen need to leave their caves sometime. If women can wear jeans and men's t-shirts with no issue, why can't men wear women's clothing?

Old 07-08-2011, 02:45 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,163,747 times
Quote:
oh look who showed up, mr im sooooo open minded and accepting of everybody.
Correction: Mrs. I'm so open-minded and accepting of everybody

Because quite honestly, I am open-minded and accepting of everybody... well, everybody except people who go out of their way to hurt others. Criminals and all that jazz.

Quote:
it depends on how outside of the norm it is. when the person goes too far according to my judgement, they are a pervert and i dont want my child to think that its ok
So wearing clothing outside normal gender boundaries (cross-dressing) means that a person is perverted. Whelp. Looks like I'm a pervert, too. I'm a crossplayer

Now, if my child pointed out somebody wearing "outlandish" attire (outside of a con, of course) I would merely tell her that "I guess he (or she) wanted to wear that today."

Quote:
everything everyone does isnt acceptable to me even if its legal.
So?

Quote:
Whereas, I teach my daughter that everybody is an individual and, as long as nobody is getting hurt, there's nothing wrong with being outside the norm.

Then again, I say this as I'm prepping costumes and props for Otakon.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
You know.

Pervert typically refers to someone who's doing something that sexually offends someone.

If the OP isn't doing it for sex reasons, how exactly can they be a pervert?

Sorry, but cavemen need to leave their caves sometime. If women can wear jeans and men's t-shirts with no issue, why can't men wear women's clothing?
it doesnt have to be sexual and i dont particularly care to consider the reason why the person is acting like a pervert. im the judge and the jury of what i consider decent.

the freemale below is ok in my book, not the freemale that started this thread.

Moderator cut: Copyrighted photo of Morgan Freeman

Last edited by JustJulia; 07-08-2011 at 03:06 PM..

Old 07-08-2011, 02:51 PM

So everybody is talking about protecting the kids. What about those adults that dont have kids? Or want/like kids? How do you all feel? Reading some of the posts in diff threads one would think that every adult in the world is pushing a stroller and spending their days at the playground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty