Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:23 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,579,291 times

Advertisements

Are there any stores you can't stand or just wouldn't shop there? This isn't to bash anyones favorite stores because I think that there are stores with clothes I can't pull off that the next person can look amazing in.

I like to spend some time at the mall when I want to go shopping and one store I can never find anything in for me is American Apparel. I always had the idea that I could go in there and find something cute or that I would wear but I never do, so I avoid it. I've seen some people love it and can pull of the clothes, but I guess it just isn't my style.

Urban Outfitters rubs me the wrong way also(I don't know why) and there isn't much I would wear from Gucci.

Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 08:29 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,683 times
Urban Outfitters looks pretty lame to me too. Their stuff looks used.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:34 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times
The Gap. Yeah, I said it, I don't like the Gap. I don't like the clothes for women, but I like their stuff for little kids.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:43 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,602,134 times
I don't know what's going on in some of the Marshall's locations I've been in lately, at least as far as menswear is concerned. The clothing, while always considered a discounter, used to be neatly presented and have a good variety between what would be termed business casual (nice khaki pants, polo shirts) and nice casual (nice shorts). They still have some of these items, but to a much more limited degree and only in sizes for smaller men. What has replaced this has been odd looking shorts and pants with big ugly logos (like big flames and lighting bolts and other weird designs) and pants that are incredibly wrinkled on the hangers, faded, and just looking like they're perfect for waxing a car (kind of reminds me of the fad that began several years ago where jeans with holes in them became the "sophisticated" fashion statement. Maybe it's a regional issue (these have been stores in the Southeast US), and maybe the women's clothing is better, but as far as menswear, it's definitely been going downhill for the last 10 years or so, which is a shame.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:45 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Torrid. Plus sized clothing stores next to Victoria's Secret.. very suggestive but unsexy.

I understand that not every girl I've met is a size 0, but I've never seen any self-respecting woman in Torrid.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Coldwater Creek is a store that I have never saw one item I would buy.Also on the other end of the style spectrum is Cache...why would anyone pay so much to look so cheap??

Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Torrid. Plus sized clothing stores next to Victoria's Secret.. very suggestive but unsexy.

I understand that not every girl I've met is a size 0, but I've never seen any self-respecting woman in Torrid.
why is that?

Old 07-12-2011, 09:38 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times
I've NEVER understood the appeal of American Apparel. Everything there looks so plain yet it's so overpriced. Never mind the fact that the CEO is just plain nasty.

Also never understood the appeal of Abercrombie and Fitch, outside of their usually scandalous catalogs. I don't like Torrid. Everything there seems so flimsy and not even that cute. Thankfully, I'm not so big that I can't shop at regular stores and find better stuff

Old 07-12-2011, 10:59 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
The Gap. Yeah, I said it, I don't like the Gap. I don't like the clothes for women, but I like their stuff for little kids.
Oh I agree with their kids clothes. Definitely cute but sometimes overpriced though. I cannot stand Hollister and A&F. I swear their clothes are basically the same, different brand names and A&F is a little more pricey.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:56 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Old Navy. Cold Water Creek (pricey and definitely not my style). Not wild about Macy's.

Now I'm just the opposite with American Apparel because I like cotton clothing. But I haven't been in their stores in a long time and they're expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty